Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
09-29-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
(09-21-2013 02:30 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
Round 1: Long Nine

Then, Torbreck did an incredible mistake that costed him the whole game. When he finished his turn 17, he had three wits left. Three was the perfect amount, a perfect amount that he didn't even use! What could he have done? He could have moved his medic and healed the heavy, (This way, alvendor wouldn't be able to reach the base with his heavy, so he couldn't directly win next turn) and saved up the remaining wit, in order, next turn, to have 8 wits and be able to make a mobisnipe-soldier combo to kill the unprotected base, and win the game. Always think twice before sending your turn guys![/i]

You are right of course - with the benefit of no fog and a replay it looks silly not using the medic......... but I think you have missed one crucial point. It was not so much a mistake, but a 50/50 call that I got wrong.

I knew he had another soldier somewhere out of view at the top. I had to decide whether he did what he did or instead (what I incorrectly thought) was that he had the soldier sitting just out of sight just in front of his sniper near his base.

If that was the case then on his next turn he could move that soldier down and also spawn another one to block two hexes against his base meaning that I could not use the 2 soldiers to win in 1 turn and would have to spawn-tele a sniper - at a minimum this would cost 8 wits to so I had to save at least 1 which meant I could not use the medic to heal the heavy.

Sometimes things fall your way... sometimes they don't Smile

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them! - Torbreck - 09-29-2013 08:55 AM