Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-26-2013, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 11:56 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-26-2013 11:09 PM)Chas3r Wrote:  One thing that seems to be the proble with 2v2 random is u don't know what ur partner'a race is going to be, so maybe if u are p3 or p4 then you should be able to see your partner'a race before selecting yours

yep... I second this.

(09-26-2013 06:36 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(08-31-2013 06:07 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  The main point, really is that [b]random pairs can be matched against arranged pairs.

Point taken, but this was a decision made early on as a stop-gap of a dwindling player pool further down the road. Better to play a game than to not play a game at all.

makes sense!

(09-25-2013 08:09 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  
(09-23-2013 03:17 AM)Random Task Wrote:  His argument was that its not fair play and here I agree with him.

I don't feel Spillblood's stance was about the unfairness of the system as who has it been unfair to? The opponents who have just won a game and been accredited with all increases in points and hidden rank? No. Your "invited" partner who was just about to lose a game anyhow and suffer the subsequent point loss? No. The player using the system? Obviously not.

The only possible "unfairness" aspect I can see, and this is stretching it a bit, is that if a player were to abuse the system other players would have to look at that player's name at the top of the list instead of their own. Not the end of the world is it?

Anyhow, it's been 5 months or so since posting and I don't believe anyone out there has been abusing it. Again, I feel it would be fairly easy to spot - time will tell.

it is always a question where you draw the line... in terms of fair competition for top list ranks i would say the decision whether a game should count as a game with random partners or arranged teams should be fixed before the game is started and not after you know whether you will win or loose in a fair competition for a 2v2 random rank. You found a way around the original design (where you select a partner or choose random before the game starts) and I therefore join Spillblood in expressing an opinion that your "optimisation strategy" is not fair play but rather an exploit of a loophole in the game design.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - =) Random Task (= - 09-26-2013 11:45 PM