Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-25-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
When I first stumbled upon the "invite" method I had an idea to take my R2v2 career all the way to Supertitan and call it "How I cheated my way to the top" or some such. With the intention to expose the exploit/hack (Oh I do so love a semantics debate on the internet, always constructive Smile ) so the developers could do something about it i.e.

(04-16-2013 01:50 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  That's pretty smart. I was going to say that was clever, but somehow that doesn't sound like as much of a compliment on these forums as it would elsewhere. I may actually try 2v2R now, though this is kind of an exploit and should be patched by OML. Instead of this exploit OML should just fix the problem with a legitimate solution. Basically if someone leaves or forfeits in 2v2 random, the partner should be able to take both player's turns. That doesn't fix the problem with terrible partners, but that's what you get for playing 2v2 random.

But as the "invite" method is quite time consuming ( I always played the invited game to it's conclusion unless it was being utilised for a partner who had timed out in which case I forfeited the invited game immediately) I was happy to go with the random flow once I was promoted to Gifted as, at that level, you rarely get partnered with a bad player.

The possibility that players could use the system to attain an undeserved rank was the only real concern but, for reasons stated previously, this was of a fairly low level.

(09-23-2013 03:17 AM)Random Task Wrote:  His argument was that its not fair play and here I agree with him.

I don't feel Spillblood's stance was about the unfairness of the system as who has it been unfair to? The opponents who have just won a game and been accredited with all increases in points and hidden rank? No. Your "invited" partner who was just about to lose a game anyhow and suffer the subsequent point loss? No. The player using the system? Obviously not.

The only possible "unfairness" aspect I can see, and this is stretching it a bit, is that if a player were to abuse the system other players would have to look at that player's name at the top of the list instead of their own. Not the end of the world is it?

Anyhow, it's been 5 months or so since posting and I don't believe anyone out there has been abusing it. Again, I feel it would be fairly easy to spot - time will tell.

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - phineas94 - 09-25-2013 08:09 PM