Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-07-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 03:36 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  What's more, I am myself in arranged team with a bunch of players, and I am in the five leagues with all of them. Being in arranged doesn't mean your move are more coordinate and so on: a player you meet in random mode can be way more talkative and motivated than players who ask you to be teamed with them and then absolutely never say anything. Thinking all arranged teams plan their turns together and that random teams play as it if was 1v1 without talking is certainly wrong, and it may be from this "cliché" that you think arranged team have any advantage.

In arranged, you can choose who you partner with. someone who is open to ideas when discussing moves. If you dont choose your partner well then its almost the same with 2v2 random.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Doing what you suggest won't solve the problem, because the random team players will still be with partners that have nothing to do with their level, and the battles won't be more fun for them because they don't meet arranged teams: the matter comes from the random team itself and not the arranged opponent team who has its level that corresponds to the league it is in

Why not just pair random players against random players? I dont see how that wont solve the problem. ~Random in a way that you get someone from the same league.
So players who are good at playing with others will rise up and those who are not stay at the bottom.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Pastil, it really seems like you didn't read trutchy's, jaesonwu's and my posts. You are stuck with your idea that arranged team have better chance even though the matchmaking is set so that the teams have equal level. If the arranged team is better, then it will go to master, and the random team not playing well will stay in clever/gifted.

Well it also seems like you didnt read mine. As closed as you are that your idea is the right one, I am to mine.
i think the only reason random gets paired with arranged is because there are not enough players for the game modes to stand alone and not because the system sees that the random pair can take on the arranged pair.

On the bolded statement
correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think adam or alex posted that thats how the arranged vs random system works.
it is possible that my idea that random gets paired with arranged only because of the lack of players is right

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - TheQwertiest - 09-07-2013 03:26 AM