Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-07-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 02:02 AM by Jamay235.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(08-31-2013 06:07 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Firstly, don't get me wrong, I really like the concept of teaming up with random people. However, I really get sick of certain things going on with the matchmaking. This might seem like a useless rant, but I just feel like sharing my opinion.

The main point, really is that random pairs can be matched against arranged pairs. To understand this, we have to look at what disadvantages random players have against arranged pairs (gifted+): Captain Obvious alert!

You don't know your teammate.

No sh*t.

Most successful arranged pairs are successful because they know eachothers playstyle very well, and they make a good mix. With random teammates, you don't (necessarly) have that. If you don't like rushing (like me), you're gonna have a very hard time if you get teamed with potentially very suicidal person.

You can get any race for your teammate.

Most successful arranged pairs are successful because they can always make sure what races they're gonna use (mostly Scallywags and Adorables). As a random player, you can't. If you play Scallywags, you can't make sure your teammate will play Adorables. Good luck against a competent S/A pair.

You can get unranked noobsters for your teammate.

"Would you like to play a 2v2 game, while your partner is playing his very first game of Outwitters?"

No! Of course not! Please bugger the hell off!

tl;dr: I hate the current 2v2 random. I hope you enjoyed my rant.

I'm new, knowing the basic of the game. I tried three 2 vs 2 games. They always matched me with new players (first game or so) and my opponents were gifted or clever highly ranked. One of my teammates even played three turns sitting on my spawn space. Is it fair? I'm laughing at it because it's a really stupid situation... Nevertheless, it's annoying :-)

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - Jamay235 - 09-07-2013 01:59 AM