Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So whats the deal with Divisions...
07-16-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: So whats the deal with Divisions...
(07-16-2013 05:08 PM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  
(07-16-2013 06:25 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Yea, that's where the hidden rank comes in. There are 2 ranking systems. The hidden ranks which is what is used for matchmaking, and the points system that you see in your profile.

We have no clue what the formula is for the hidden rank, but that is the important ranking system as that determines your level between gifted/master/super-titan.

The point system is merely a "fun" ranking that rewards you for playing more, hence getting more points for a win than for a loss.

i always lose more points per loss than gain per win on average!

6 - 12 for win, 12 - 16 for a loss

this is the general trend anyways

if the points system is merely for fun, wouldnt it be more fun to see the true ranking? Arbitrary points, groups, offer little "fun" once you realise they are not the true rating... ( for me at least.)

Its kind of disappointing now i find i cannot see something simple as true ranking and win loss ratio etc, like they do with other online strategy games. We should be able to pay extra to see this, or even better it should have been standard.
If you are in the top of your division you will tend to lose more points to make it harder to keep the top spots.

The points system is used for ranking in the leaderboards and takes into account the players rank and tier. The pairing system takes into account the players win:loss, rank, and tier.

If by true ranking you mean your rank against everybody else, the difference between rank 7999 and 8000 would be pretty much nothing, and it doesnt show the distribution of skill. So there are skill groups to divide that up, called tiers. Fluffy, clever, gifted, master, and super titan. [There was this big argument before that the player skill distribution was bad since 80% of the players were clever and below. But it just means that 80% of players were only good enough to make it to fluffy and clever. But it got smaller after Season 3 started.] the problem is that there are a lot of players and each tier has a lot of players (except ST) so the solution was to make divisions containing 100 or so players so you could get an easy idea of where in the tier you are. But now the problem is that players who play the most often gets more points over time so they will get higher up the leaderboards.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So whats the deal with Divisions... - TheGoldenGriffin - 07-16-2013 05:37 PM