Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with Sharkfood Island
07-09-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 05:23 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Need help with Sharkfood Island
(07-09-2013 05:11 PM)ElPared Wrote:  The advice above is good: Scout, and protect your units. More than any other map, Sharkfood Island punishes you for losing units because the spawn is so far from a useful position that it takes at least a turn to get freshly spawned ones back into position.

It's for that reason that often the first person to attack loses on this map. This is because it's easier to take out several units on a counterattack than it is the do so on an attack. That's why I usually stockpile units and then try to provoke my opponent into attacking with a couple expendables, then try to take out 3+ units on the counteratack. Usually if you can do that and also put a runner on their spawn, forcing them to move a unit down to kill it, you can win.

Your second statement is pretty wrong to be honest. I often win after attacking, and I sometimes lose after being rushed. It's all about timing and how you play well: 75% of the time I attack, I win. I even think a good attack at turns 8-9 leads you to a win very often if you don't make any mistake and your opponent doesn't have an hidden scrambler.
Yet, I agree on the general fact that defending is easier than attacking. But attacking gives you the lead of the battle, and if you plan a great attack that works the next turn, you are in a very good position! Smile
And hey, attacking is so much more fun than waiting for your opponent to attack Tongue It can be a strategy obviously, but you have to beware that your opponent attacks better than expected. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with Sharkfood Island - Mag!cGuy - 07-09-2013 05:20 PM