Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
There is a definite advantage to moving first in Outwitters. The simplest solution would be to only allow the first player 2 or 3 wits on his first turn.

I read parts of the other threads on FTA, and I just don't understand why this fix has not been implemented yet. I saw some comments on map balance, but it is very unlikely that this would be an actual problem.

Why does this solution work?

Because, the balance in used actions (wits) after each turn is going to be +3 -2 +3 -2 (or +2 -3 +2 -3) etc. Currently, the balance is +5 0 +5 0. And to make it slightly worse, the second player is forced to respond to the first players' moves (see example below). So, 2 wits for first player on first turn most likely works better than 3. But that is hard to say. It will not make or break the game.

There is no map balancing issue here. It is just very simple maths. If there is a SPA, it can only be smaller than the current FPA.

Example of a strong opening that is hard to counter: On The glitch, move cuddly bear to wit space, create a soldier and move two soldiers forward to block the wit space from the opposing bear (i.e., make it possible to kill it if he enters it). Not necessarily impossible to counter, but very hard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn - Cookie - 07-09-2012 11:07 PM