Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
12-04-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 06:20 PM by Juslas.)
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
It took me 24 matches to become Super Titan on 2v2 random. After my 10th game (9-1 win-lose ratio) I have been ranked around 10th on 2v2 ranking list (week after week). I have now played this game mode approximately 7 months.

25th won, win-lose now 19-6.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMip5QgM

26th won with random ranking leader (league and hidden). Ratio 20-6.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgNiY9gkM

27th won against arranged masters. Partner top 20 random (master).
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgPithgkM

27th of September 2013 ranking lift me to third from tenth. Win - lose ratio was 21-6.

28th won against arranged top 50 masters. Partner top 10 Super Titan. Ratio 22-6.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJia6gsM

29th lost, match between top 10 Super Titans, overwhelming FTA and turn 2 special. Ratio 22-7.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgNyTyQoM

30th won, my fluffy partner did turns, but opponent fluffy time out his/her second turn.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKye2wkM

31st won, easy FTA push in just 17 turns. Super Titan, master against master, gifted. Opponents were 1v1 masters with over 200 wins. But game was won after my second turn, because of p2/p4 weak opening.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKygzAgM

32nd won, match between top 10 players.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgPK-8woM

33rd lost, to my surprise it was possible to lose on Machination as player 1. I should analyze this match on better time. Turn 5 heavy move is error, but was it critical one that shifted the match. Probably. Losing team did not use snipers either.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgPKlmgkM

34th lost (25-9). This one was lost from winning position because move error. These things happen every now and then. iPhone is too small and there is no zoom. But cannot carry iPad all day along just to play Outwitters.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgLSJ9QgM

New ranking came a bit late, do not know if one or two recent lost were included. But I have been on losing team (match 29 between Top 10 Super Titans) so drop to 5th makes sense. Winners took first and second spot on this weeks ranking list.

35th lost. Getting paired with fluffy against two super titans. I managed to guide team to good position and advised team member that take my bonus wit hexagon in order to defend base and kill opponent. But this trivial defense situation is too much for fluffy, who hands the victory to next player. Sad. Also 25-10 ratio looks weak ;-)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKye2woM

36th lost (25-11). I got matched against arranged Super Titans that were ranked at top 10 at the time of the match making. Latest list had them on 5th place. Then had to wait about 2 days to be paired with fluffy. Match was set up about 12 games ago, right before my promotion. During 50 turn match my partner got promoted to clever league. This is really good game. Partner plays well, we use chat, but we do not count wits as arranged teams do. There are unnecessary moves on our behalf, but you have to give credit to winners - they do play great.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJSU1AoM

New ranking drops me to 12th. Top of the list had mixed a lot, too. Alex also reveals that lack of active random players means 150 top player list is all he can pull from game stats. So if you read my post - and had not tried random, placement at ranking list is easy to achieve Smile

37th lost. Still 12th at ranking after 5 straight lost matches. So you can lose with FTA on blitz beach, truly dissapointing!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgITVugoM

38th lost, 6 lost in row, poor teamwork on our behalf.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgITNuggM

October 25th ranking puts me on 14th spot. Without proper analysis I would say that top 20 is close to each other as ranking wise - and they play mixed results against each other. Can't really say if they play a lot against each other, since I do not play that much myself.

39th lost to extend streak to 7. Ratio disappointing 25-14. These people can play, but team work is still a challenge for me at least.
This on is short education match about FTA. Bombshell timing is just perfect. Also note that snipers should move towards bonus hex, stronger defense! End is beautiful, fog is not needed to be removed to know about mobi, still defense is hopelessly late! Mainly because wits used to attack other side of the map.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMe8jAsM

40th match ends the seven game losing streak. Random against arranged masters. I ask partner to preserve 4 to 5 wits to do scrambler from spawn when opportunity arrives. Those wits as reserve let us hit the base without worrying about the unit count. Scrambled runner is always a great way to win.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwL-R6AgM

41st lost (26-15). Sugar Rock is probably fairest 2v2 map. I was only super Titan on this one.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoMDH9wkM

42nd won (27-15). Scrambler ending was a charm. Same tactic as on 40th match. Games were on simultaneously, ofcourse.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoKDQnggM

43rd lost (27-16). This lost match with league leader was mainly because of my bramble. Should not build it the first place. Bramble is for arranged p2 or p4 when you know the map and teammate race!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMemjQoM

44th lost because of my stupidity to build a bramble. And these Veggienauts experiments are disaster.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgIeT3AgM

First of November 2013 ranking drops me to 22nd place with 27-17 win-lose ratio!

45th won (28-17) though I fail to see winning move, too many ongoing matches. Turn 19 mistake is so easy to spot without fog, all info needed to pull the kill was there me to know, not my finest moves.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoOLD6wgM

46th won, I was only ST, rest were masters. Player 1 does round 2 bombshell that can shoot opponent base from round 4 onwards.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwMPGxwoM

November 8th, 2013 ranking and back at 12th position. Win-lose ratio is 29-17.

47th won, random ST beats arranged masters easily. 30-17 ratio.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4ILd8woM

48th won (31-17), two super titans paired with masters. I was about to say "all at top 20", but like I was dropped out at beginning of November so were both masters, too. I am back up, they are not. Game went to us like a dream though.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkND9kQoM

Game lost because of being paired with newbie without any league wins, partner never takes his/her second turn. I skip this replay, nothing to see. I also decided to use "invite a loser to remove game from random rankings" feature. I have lost bravely being paired with fluffies, that's ok to me if they take turns. I might educate them a bit, who knows. This time matchmaking bugged me to the point that action was needed.

49th won (32-17), Super Titans beat masters who had FTA. My scramble was key factor on our win.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4PHTywgM

50th won (33-17), Super Titans with FTA beat masters, as they should. At the end I had 15 wits saved, mainly because there were no joint ventures (normal random team play). I had tried to find opening for mobi to do meaningful continuos attack with teammate, but I had just waited silently. Turn 21 teammate attacks heavily, opponent retaliates and opening for guarantee victory is presented to me. I was pleased that win comes from me spawning new mobi that pulls teammate sniper to strike distance. There is no chat between teammates at all.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0JWwqAoM

November 15th ranking puts me back to top 10: eight with 33 wins and 17 lost matches so far.

51st lost (33-18), bramble is pointless on Machination, this was last of my Veggienauts experiments and I am glad they are now over. Teammate got nervous several times during match, players depend on specials, it seems. And team chat is not something random do well - to ease difficult situations..
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwNf1sQoM

52nd won (34-18). Super titans beat masters, everything goes super smoothly. Some mutual complement chatted, no need to talk about moves. Our moves outwit opponent all the time. Opponent had jumped 49 places to 68th place on November 15th arranged team ranking list.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0MWX-QoM

53rd lost (34-19). I enjoy playing with skilled teammate, even though we disagree about tactics. Opponent was experienced arranged Super Titans (ranked 18th) and they Outwitted us pants down. Defendable attack, sure, but against random teams sneaky tactics work the best.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA8NeavwkM

New weekly ranking keeps me at 8th place. Haven't played against top 7 for awhile. Instead getting beaten by arranged teams like Trahogektor and Gektotraher who climbed to 12th place on arranged list this week.

54th lost (34-20). Sugar Rock is fine map, this match was not.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0MXDiAoM

55th lost (34-21). Those arranged Super Titans are just so much better coordinated, starting with choosing race combos that work together and knowing the map before hand (for player 2/4).
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsI6D-gsM

56th won (35-21). This match is a total mess, but "outnumber opponent units" is a good tactic. Over confident opponent perhaps, since veggies aren't very useful on a small map.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA8I7juAsM

57th won (36-21) with smooth rush to bonus wit hex and back door. This one was short. Masters against Super Titans, partner was bold to trust FTA, I covered the defense part. No chat needed at all.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAqJT6kgoM

58th won (37-21) with double ranking entry =J0$)-(= (league point leader, ranked 20th and 21st on current leaderboard). Besides messing 2v2r list with double entry (server bug) =J0$)-(= and I haven't succeed together, there has been plenty of lost matches. Finally we played a match well together. We were adapting to each other's style, more matches together to come for sure, hopefully plenty more wins, too.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA8MOsuwsM

January 2nd ranking list was late because of tilt to live 2 release, but none of my matches has ended during last 5 days anyway. My last two winning partners had a big jump back to top ten. =J0$)-(= to 9th and flogue-le to 6th while I climbed a notch to 7th.

59th lost (37-22) with back at top ten flogue-le. We had FTA against arranged masters, but careless use of wits gave them edge. All credit to winners, large Acrospire is a good map.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0P6k3AgM

60th won (38-22) with league point "double" leader ;-)
I just love the ending on this match, goes just like I planned it.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAqPjFywoM

My goal was to make it to the top if I can bear the annoyance of the randomness. I have matches ongoing with fluffies and super titans, I make horrible moves because I can't handle all those simultaneous ongoing games etc.
Random can be ok at best, but there are just too many negative aspects. Playing against arranged teams is just plain wrong, in my opinion.
This is approximately 7 months of playing 2v2r from placement matches to 60th completed game. I have been ranked around 10th on 2v2 ranking list (week after week). I repost if I made it to the top.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion - Juslas - 12-04-2013 05:20 PM