Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweetie Plain: A second turn advantage.
04-11-2013, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 09:02 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: Sweetie Plain: A second turn advantage.
I was about to post something similar MagicGuy! (Was waiting to finish up a sweetie plain game...). First of all, this is a good example it is far from obvious that P1 always has an advantage.

We are probably starting to find out close to optimal strategies for this map. But i don't think it is "P1=defend; P2=attack" but rather "P1=attack; P2=attack". Both players attacking and defending at the same time. Not sure who comes out ahead, probably several different combinations you need to know to play well.

My guess is that the best move for P1 is to take wit spaces with heavy and runner, create a soldier on the side and a runner mid.

**edit**
Both players wants to use as many wits as possible attacking and not defending. So this opening allows P1 to get 2 soldiers and a runner attacking on turn 3. Medic goes to attacking side for both players. If P2 threatens the sniper with a runner it can be taken out with a new runner. If P2 creates 2 runners P1 will be ahead in number of attacking soldiers...

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweetie Plain: A second turn advantage. - Alvendor - 04-11-2013 08:04 AM