Poll: Do you think the Seasons idea is a good one?
YES! It would be interesting and fun to see how it turns out!
Absolutely not! It would be too complicated and I just hate it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 11:16 PM by TheGreatAnt.)
Question Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
I was thinking last night: The only thing that particularly comes out of seasons is a league standing, that is locked in and cannot be changed. Over time, it will hopefully show progression and improvement for most players.

What if we incorporated new team packs and maps into it?

For the free users, give them a low-level playing field to which they can start. Let them use the Veggienaughts no matter what. Switch Scallywags to a paid portion of the game. All free users would use the veggienaughts no matter what season it is.

But, for the rest of the community, each season changes which team packs and maps are used in league games that entire season. This would allow for more developing of teams and maps, and would in a sense, force players to use them. Friendly games would still allow the player to use any team that they have bought (each sold separately).

So each season would have Veggies (for the free players) and three other team packs (whether the new onces from which we have concept art or the classic scally, adorables, or feedback) at random for the player to play in the league games.

Yes, I understand it might make people upset that they won't be able to always play their favorite team, but it will open up the possibility for more teams to be played in an interesting and changing manner with random combination of the team packs (i.e. Wah-Kapookie, the Woken, and Adorables // the frosties, Scallywags, the Wah-Kapookie // etc.). Each player would have to adapt each season in the league games to which teams were available to play for that season.

Overall, I think doing this would really open up the game for players to keep up with different team strategies, keeping a smaller amount of playable teams while allowing the continuation and creation of new team packs and maps.

What do you think about this Season idea?

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs - TheGreatAnt - 03-30-2013 10:54 PM