Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
(03-21-2013 09:45 AM)amoffett Wrote:  Your assumption that the percentage of 1v1 ST's should be equal to the number of 2v2 ST's is only correct if you assume that the distribution of skill in the two formats is equal. Due to a number of factors that make 2v2 a very different game than 1v1, this is not the case.

The reason there's 40 STs at 2v2 is because with the exception of numbers 1 and 2, the rest of you at the top are so close to each other that is impossible to find a threshold (right now) where you will get the percentage that you're looking for.

I assume nothing here; I make that clear in the OP. My contention we can use 1v1 as a model for 2v2 is only because that league has been successful and it feels like the right level of exclusivity. I recognize the differences between the two.

I don't understand why you believe it's "impossible" to find the right threshold for ST promotion. Why should it be impossible? Difficult, sure, but OML at least knows that the first threshold was too high, this one may be too low, so the proper threshold is probably somewhere between the two, right? Also, your statement that the top 40 2v2 teams are very close together in skill level is largely erroneous.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - GreatGonzales - 03-21-2013 10:24 AM