Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galactic Reign (Free) - Outwitters' Windows Counterpart?
03-20-2013, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 08:14 AM by CombatEX.)
Galactic Reign (Free) - Outwitters' Windows Counterpart?
Platforms: Windows 8, Windows Phone

No, I haven't played it since I don't have a Windows Phone or Windows 8 so I cannot recommend it personally. However, I thought this game looked interesting and it has some remarkable similarities to Outwitters from what I've gathered. As such I thought that it was worth sharing to Outwitters fans who may be able to play it. It's free, so why not give it a shot if you can? =)

[Image: 707210_20130312_640screen007.jpg]

- Play for free with one of the factions and pay $4.99 to unlock the complete game (like the Uber pack)
- No pay-to-win microtransactions
- Universal app (buy once, play on any compatible platform)
- TBS with the same kind of asynchronous multiplayer as Outwitters
- Games are a reasonable length (in Outwitters the average game is between 20-30 turns while Galactic Reign is apparently around 15-16 turns though it is probably too early to know what it will stabilize at. Point is that it doesn't drag on forever like some TBS games)

I can't speak for the gameplay itself since I am unable to play it, but it looks good and at least WinSource seemed to think well of it.

"Galactic Reign is one of the best titles available for Windows Phone and Windows RT/8 and I would recommend having it in your library" - Matt Rawson (WinSource)

More Info
- Galactic Reign Overview/Tutorial
- WinSource Review
- Top Tier Tactics Review
- Windows Phone Central Tagged Articles

Sounds surprisingly similar to Outwitters. It's a TBS that doesn't fall into the trap of extremely long games (besides SvS!). It also has a fair business model that is much like Outwitters' and has been received glowing accolades from critics and consumers (from what I've read so far). Now the only thing left is for it to fall on its face when it comes to financial success.

If any of you manage to play it let me know how it is! Hopefully it's not as good as these reviews make it out to be so I don't feel bad about not being able to play! *kidding* (kind of ^^)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Galactic Reign (Free) - Outwitters' Windows Counterpart? - CombatEX - 03-20-2013 07:53 AM