Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bramble fix - game examples included
03-16-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 07:46 AM by Alvendor.)
Bramble fix - game examples included
I've been trying out a fix for veggies in a couple of games. It is meant to:
* Require higher skill to use effectively.
* Not possible to only spam thorns anymore.
* Power will not grow exponentially.
* Make more than one bramble viable.
* Equally matched to other races.

Rule:
Bramble and thorns can only have one child at a time.

With the exception of above, bramble works exactly as usual. So far it feels balanced and the games gets more action than before. Note that these games were played quite quickly so there are a bit more errors than the usual ST replay. A shout-out to Blckace for being my sparring partner!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9uKJAww - no bramble here. Against early aggressive bombshell prob better to rush with soldiers than bramble...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YtOiOAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6qSJAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzIyOAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YxtiOAww - going double bramble here. Think it had worked out if I had been more careful with the sniper.

From here on forward I will play all my ranked and tournament games with these rules against any non veggies and post them here.

Would be great if other people can try it out also, from all different skill levels. If you post the replay I'll update this post with the game. Let's find out if this is the solution to veggies!

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bramble fix - game examples included - Alvendor - 03-16-2013 07:22 AM