Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
so does turn 3 special on Reaper = win?
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: so does turn 3 special on Reaper = win?
(03-10-2013 06:41 AM)ElPared Wrote:  yeah all I'm saying is it's ridiculous to have to memorize a bunch of rushes and counters to them. It turns the matches into "who can do the thing they memorized without screwing it up" instead of "find a way to beat your opponent's unique strategy"

I know how to counter the mobi rush, and the scrambler rush is even easier, I just hate that I have to do it in the first place.

sorry I usually don't start threads just to vent/complain, but Reaper used to be one of my favorite maps and now I am SO close to just giving up whenever I get it, whether I'm P1 or P2.

That's just what happens when people find "easy win" strategies, they get adopted quickly without most players really learning their quirks. The thing is, though, that a lot of the Mobi and Scrambler openings aren't guaranteed, and if anything, they're incredibly risky! They're guessing games where getting predicted by your opponent spells your immediate demise. I used to play a lot of Reaper Rush games against Exzachtlee where I would send a suicide Runner out to bite one of his Snipers and completely ruin his strategy--these rushes are often completely destroyed by a bit of preparation. Of course, then we started tweaking our openings and ruining each other. It's a lot of fun. But when playing a stranger in league, they're probably banking on their opponent being under-prepared, and you just have to be ready to force that Mobi rush right back down their throats.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: so does turn 3 special on Reaper = win? - Emuchu - 03-10-2013 01:27 PM