Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponent sight marker suggestion
07-08-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 12:34 AM by bspooky.)
RE: Opponent sight marker suggestion
(07-07-2012 11:47 PM)Harti Wrote:  .... Then again, this would take away a lot of the thinking part from Outwitters which is not so cool. Should it display the attacking range as well?

Yup, show attack range too. But this doesn't take away from a lot of the thinking in Outwitters, being able to see where the units you can see can see (whew) just speeds things up. Counting hexes from an enemy unit isn't thinking, it is menial and time consuming.
Quote:It would be quite irritating (and frustrating) if you just happen to step one field out of their range and suddenly, out of FOW, another unit can attack you.

Yeah, but you already have that irritation of "leaping" before looking anyway and getting clobbered by your lack of foresight. Wink

Quote:You could remember your name and read? =)

LOL, but I am searching top/bottom of screen for my name and missing all the replay action. Wink I think I just noticed the color banner along the top is showing the replay players color, which wouldn't be mine, so that is good enough.
(07-08-2012 12:07 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  There is a problem of perspective here. If the game were to draw the actual viewing range of your enemies army, you could infer the positions of units in the fog of war. ...

Yeah, I was only asking for seeing how far their visible pieces could see, and wow, it is already there!!!

I could have sworn I tried to do this, but maybe it wasn't when it was my turn but post move screen / just looking at the map, or maybe I am just crazy.

But thanks for posting this, because it is exactly what I wanted, and it is well implemented too!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Opponent sight marker suggestion - bspooky - 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Opponent sight marker suggestion - bspooky - 07-08-2012 12:30 AM