Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo
03-02-2013, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 07:31 AM by Ja Karta.)
RE: P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo
(02-28-2013 01:28 PM)vegaprom Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7Mz5Agw

This is the one on Glitch I start with runner to gain vision but I lose to a rush immediately. T_T

As only another gifted player I'll comment.

In this case you knew you were being rushed since he didn't take his wit space. Putting aside a rush specific opening:

You had two major lines of harrassment open. His wit space and his sniper (which was vulnerable to your runner through the back door). You could have taken his wit space on your second turn with your soldier.
Or used your runner and a boosted soldier to kill his runner, take his wit space, kill his medic, and force your opponent to spend wits he didn't have taking it back. Which would allow you to set up a defense.

You also turtled... strangely.
Instead of just moving your medic you moved a soldier in front of it and right in the firing line. ...and then still moved it.
You're fighting right next to your spawn. If he want's to come at you then let him come at you.
Keep your units back so any attack of his kills a small percentage and you can counter attack. The bridge and use of two slow units (sniper & heavy) means his units will be spread out in a rush. Let him feed them to you.

Do a little harassment on top of that and he's in a bad situation. At worst he has to change plans and turtle himself. A game that you'll win as Adorables.

Not sure if this helps, but here's an example from a recent P2 Glitch game that I played.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y_-uAAww
(Not sure how you make link into a banner. Just strip osn part of link?)
Edit:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_-uAAww

P1 sets up to rush or blockade after he sees my scrambler come out on turn 2.
I know that he can kill the scrambler on his turn before I bring it out. But it doesn't matter. He can't move enough units to seriously threaten my base; he'd lose an attritional war far from his spawn.

And now that I know where his units are I set up to harass his wit space. Forcing him spend wits while already overextended.

There's a fair bit of scrambler usage in the game, but it's not critical to how I dealt with his attack.
Don't protect what you can't. Just make sure you can take back more. Smile

And don't worry too much about losing a little base health in a rush. At one point I gave his heavy free access to my base. Had he attacked it he'd have just wasted an extra wit on the attack and lost the unit. No complaints. Smile

Note also how even just moving my runner so it threatened his sniper and spawn meant he was wasting wits blocking it and separating his forces...
Note deux A lot of mistakes are made by P1 (and probably me of course, please point out any Smile ), but I think it's a nice example of the level of play that you and I are up against as it's a gifted match.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo - Ja Karta - 03-02-2013 07:31 AM