Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do chess players have an advantage?
01-27-2013, 02:32 AM
RE: Do chess players have an advantage?
(01-26-2013 10:11 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  
(01-26-2013 06:13 AM)^=discipulus=^ Wrote:  I would rather outwitters to use an elo system rather than this random bs system they currently use.

As far as I can tell the underlying skill ranking system is basically analagous to ELO. What's missing? (League ranking is different, but who cares about that?)

Also: ELO is far from perfect for a few reasons even in chess, in particular it's based on a Guassian assumption that, empirically, does not hold true. It's even less applicable to a game like Outwitters though. ELO is semi-appropriate for a comeptitive environment where everyone is playing under semi-consistent conditions. People play outwitters drunk, tired, stressed, whatever. You'd definitely not want to use ELO.
You don't have to drink and wit. There is an entire thread on how to avoid it. And generally I use outwitters to tune out everything anyways so I would say Elo is appropriate the mathematical formula is written such that as long as you don't have an Elo feeder which once you are in clever I doubt you would have one. I have never seen the underlying formula on outwitters but it seems bizzAre if it is as close as you say but it uses a point system
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do chess players have an advantage? - ^=discipulus=^ - 01-27-2013 02:32 AM