Poll: Did you play a lot of SSBM?
Oh Yeah.
Kind of?
Nopes.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have any melee players in the house?
01-23-2013, 03:40 AM
RE: Do we have any melee players in the house?
(01-19-2013 08:36 AM)The RawkHawk Wrote:  Cool. Good to see my hunch wasn't completely off the mark. I actually haven't tried balanced brawl, but I hear really good things. Was anyone here in the SSBM tourny scene?

I've played a couple of Brawl mods, since it's possible to play them without making any lasting changes to your Wii (they boot from the SD card, and then they're gone when you're done).

I used to play Brawl+, which was a hybrid between Brawl and Melee. It had a gamespeed between the two, the characters jumped shorter and fell faster, you could dash back and forth quickly, that sort of thing, but my brother didn't like playing one version at home and another at his friends' houses.

BBrawl doesn't really want to change the game mechanics, but it balances all the low-tier characters to A (and gives some of them new toys), gives minor nerfs to the Big 3 (just the retarded stuff), and removes dumb stuff like tripping and infinite throws.

As for me, I play Pikachu and Ike. Pika because he's Pika, but he's also quick on his feet and has frustratingly large attacks, and Ike because he's everything Roy wanted to be in Melee. It's too bad the netplay is so crap, I'd challenge all of you, haha.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we have any melee players in the house? - Emuchu - 01-23-2013 03:40 AM