Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
07-06-2012, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 02:31 AM by timcoffman.)
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements
(07-06-2012 02:09 AM)Temp22 Wrote:  The fact of the matter is Outwitters is not Hero Academy. Outwitters is Chess, HA is checkers. Alex and Adam will not change that formula. I am glad they will not.
I strongly disagree with this characterization. Both games use team consisting of members with different abilities, competing on various board configurations. Both aim to evenly balance their different teams. Outwitters adds (a) bankable action points (b) fog of war, © hex-based boards, and (d) infinite spawning, which I consider to be great features. Hero Academy has (a) greater variety of abilities on each team, (b) finer granularity of health and damage, and © unit resurrection.

These terms of level of intellectual challenge, these two games are much closer than chess and checkers are.

(07-06-2012 02:09 AM)Temp22 Wrote:  The problem with the Bombshell is that if you slide your finger across it, it will unshell. I was a big advocate of taking away the information leak on enemies outside of the Bombshells range but Alex and Adam are convinced that it is not game breaking. So I doubt it will change.
I don't think it is game-breaking either. I just think it is inconsistent. Alex and Adam will obviously only change it if (a) they consider it to violate their optimal design and (b) it fits in their development priorities.

(07-06-2012 02:09 AM)Temp22 Wrote:  Just adapt to the game, it is theirs after all they can do what ever they want with it. Its free after all.
Well, obviously I will either adapt to the game (and buy items from their store) or quit playing (and not pay).
Someone quitting because they don't like the gameplay or the style is one thing; quitting because the interface is frustrating is another thing entirely and is avoidable.

(07-06-2012 02:19 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  @TimCoffman

I understand your points so I won't argue with them. Rather, I will say that though I agree your ideas would be quite nice (if made optional), there is a question of time and priority. I personally feel that while good suggestions, they aren't a priority because the current system is already more than adequate. As such I would prefer the developers spend more time on other features.

Thank you. You're most certainly right. Refactoring the UI is almost certainly not the most profitable use of their time right now, since they clearly have a path forward with additional teams, boards, etc.
(07-06-2012 02:19 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Before this thread derails into a comparison, may I redirect your attention to another thread, where this discussion has already been started: Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy
In this thread, some very excellent points have already been made.
Thanks for the link, it's quite interesting!

Although, may I add, I desperately desire the "leagues" concept in Hero Academy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements - timcoffman - 07-06-2012 02:21 AM