Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn timer
12-31-2012, 05:15 AM
Wink Turn timer
Hey guys, I just wanted to post about the need for a turn timer. Just from quickly browsing this forum I've seen other posts about it, but I wanted to create a new post to emphasize the importance!

First off, this is a great game. I've only played it a little bit so far, but it is really well thought out and the design is also awesome. Great job devs.

That being said, I think the game has a major flaw by not having a turn timer. As a new player I'm trying to get into the game, but it is very hard when it takes up to 2 days between each turn in each game. Players stop responding and its hard to be engaged in the game if I'm only doing one turn every 2 days. It's craziness.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen in higher ranking levels and that players are responsive, but so far I've maxed out my 5 max games and the players aren't responding anymore .... Most likely because they are about to lose.

I would like to pay for the upgrades and to play more games at a time, but its hard for me to justify paying if it seems like this is the trend of playing unresponsive players.

I could just quit the games and start new ones but then I'd get defeats on my record when I shouldn't have.

I personally think the timer should be 5-10 minutes before the player has to respond back ... Have rapid playing going on ... Or even at the latest 30 mins to 1 hr timer between moves (which I think is pushing it too long).

I guarantee that a lot of new players are having this same experience while being introduced to the game. Most likely the other players that haven't been responsive have just given up playing the game because they are newbies as well. So now I have to wait until the games expire before I can play again ... As a person trying to get into the game, this makes it very difficult and annoying.

From a development perspective I can't imagine adding a timer would be that difficult of a coding task to do. Create a counter then player x who waits past the timer threshold loses.

Or, if you're really dead set on not having a timer for higher leagues, then simply have a timer of shorter time spans for the low leagues, and then for the more advanced leagues extend the timer threshold.

I don't know ... And maybe this question has already been denied or shut down in other threads ... But I'm just frustrated because I really want to support this game and pay for the packs and extend the number of games, but i just can't justify it without a timer added to the game.

Pls add timers and then you'll have another paying customer ... Keep up the awesome development ...

Cheers ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Turn timer - Neonitron - 12-31-2012 05:15 AM
RE: Turn timer - GoHeat 3 - 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: Turn timer - spacechef - 12-31-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: Turn timer - daHsu - 12-31-2012, 05:32 AM
RE: Turn timer - Jakeyboy20 - 12-31-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: Turn timer - Neonitron - 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM
RE: Turn timer - incidesi - 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM