Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
12-07-2012, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 12:37 PM by blckace.)
RE: Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had...
Hey guys
I Watched the game and I can't comment on how bad you played but the least to say is your play style doesn't support your claim, no offense, watch super titan replays and practice some more.

What Harti wrote stands true and I always think about how to fix the bombshell? There's no easy fix without upsetting most of the bombshell players because whatever that's coming is gonna be a nerf, some of the changes I propose
1) No splash damage on base ever, this must be implemented as soon as possible, and anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the game.
2) Splash damage that kills units doesn't generate wits that's if a bombshell kills two units with one hit it won't get two wits simple and fair.
3) Don't change the unshelling and shelling cost at one wit it's very good if it's gone this thing is unstoppable.
4) The 2 movement instead of three seems very reasonable but I don't know how scallywags players feel about it? is it a big nerf? it seems like the logical thing considering how strong it's (like a heavy except stronger)
5) Best solution ever 2 hp shelled unhealed, 3 hp shelled healed this would make everything so good (every other special goes up to three hp why does this one go up to four? it's god damn invincible) it would make them think twice about where they place it!

I just broke the top 20 recently but I honestly don't know how much further I can advance

1. Terenceshiu2005 (scallywags?)
2. Alvendor (scallywags? but great with everything!)
3. ..Sir3.. (feedback loyalist)
4. joelduque (scallywags?)
5. poweewee (scallywags?)
6. pokhs (unknown)
7. Zero_killer (feedback loyalist)
8. el*tabasco (scallywags?)
9. ren8585 (scallywags?)
10. garcia10000 (scallywags?)
11. Gavin Wins (feedback)
12. blueswimmer95 (adorables loyalist)
13. Harti! (adorables)
14. p1noyboypj (scallywags currently)
15. cherylto (feedback?)
16. Dada Fett (unknown)
17. AleXwh87 (unknown)
18. awpertunity (scallywags)
19. blckace (feedback)
20. white dr4gon (feedback)

2 adorables 6 feedback 9 scallywags 3 unknown

Things get way more competitive when you reach this threshold, I can't start as many games as I'd like because I'm afraid of losing, what if I match against a scallywags player as p2? Every loss has to be made up for asap, if I can't make up for the losses I know my rank will drop, so I can't start more than one game with the same player (this week 2 losses, 1 win), I'm not saying winning is impossible but when I match against someone like garcia10000 (easily one of the top 5 players) he doesn't make mistakes he like playing a slow game and building an army he never rushes, winning seems nearly impossible (BUT I WILL DESTROY YOU IN OUR NEXT GAME) and there are players like ren8585 he's very aggressive with his bombshell placement always a bombshell out on his third turn, obviously since I know this now I can easily beat him (I've had one game against him on long9 easy win 2 losses on sfi 1 loss on reaper 1 win on reaper) it seems like he selects small maps on which bombshells have a significant advantage but can't say for sure, I would call for no small maps in league but that would take a lot of the variety of the game out. Anyways my last point is I'm advancing very slowly and struggling just because I can't dish out the same number of wins as scallwag players. I hope this doesn't offend anyone and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and making false claims. Obviously I can't prove any of this, but consider this out of all my losses since promotion to super titan all of them has been to scallywags except one to adorables! that in addition to all the whining on forums and the sinking feeling you get in your gut when you match against scallywags surely means something.

Edit two more good suggestions from garcia and harti

5) ANOTHER thing: on maps like Thorn Gulley, where you put the bombshell in the "hole pocket", often you don't have vision out to range 4. What this means is that the guy can put a sniper at range 4 and you have no way of knowing, which makes the bombshell vulnerable there. HOWEVER!! Actually, you do know, since the "bomby" icons appears on squares where there are enemies. Suggestion: The "bomby" icon doesn't show up. Instead, you can shoot the ground and if you were right you will hit.

I think that it's both possible and justifiable to lower the chance of getting a small map to 25 per cent, maybe even for Super-Titan League only. Also it should be impossible to resign an empty game without consequences. This would nerf the Scallywags in a very vague way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proof the Bombshell should be nerfed?? Check out this game I just had... - blckace - 12-07-2012 06:50 AM