Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Plateau or ceiling? Can't move up Master ranks any farther!
12-08-2012, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 05:14 AM by joelduque.)
RE: Plateau or ceiling? Can't move up Master ranks any farther!
(12-08-2012 04:23 AM)jaxxinjr Wrote:  Alvendor and friends,

One more replay if you don't mind. In this game I thought I had a pretty strong offense and defense but was somewhat easily overrun. Is it just the snipers that I let move so far forward, something deeper about outwitters math, my balance between offense and defense, or being too reactionary versus putting offensive pressure on him? Not sure here...

Thanks again!

LINK TO REPLAY

Please fix the link.

1. Avoid leaving a unit right next to an enemy unit. If it's a one-hit kill, then you just gave your enemy a significant advantage.
2. Boost your soldiers. 4 (hp) is a magic number. The additional wit spent really goes a long way. It makes enemy spend 3 wits vs. 1 wit, netting you 1 wit. Also 2 of his units would be closer to your units, you will have to spend less wits to close the distance and go for the kill.
3. Have a goal in mind. Get the initiative especially when you are p1. Offense is also a form of defense. Remember that when you accumulate wits and turns, your opponents also does. Save wits but keep what I said in the previous sentence in mind.
4. Keep map control especially the bonus wit spaces and center of the map.
5. If you found a good opponent, you can invite them to friendlies. No points at stake but if you play it seriously enough, your skill still improves.
6. Most importantly, have fun. It is easier to think that way. Rest when you feel burned out. Don't take games personally and keep humble! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plateau or ceiling? Can't move up Master ranks any farther! - joelduque - 12-08-2012 05:12 AM