Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
09-17-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health?
This thread is slowly veering off topic, let me try to bring it back.
(09-17-2012 07:37 AM)bmike Wrote:  I'd say something like "you can always see where you can move, but pay attention to gaps in the field as they allow observation of the maximum range of your piece even though it can't actually jump over the gap." would make it much clearer.

Your statement is contradictory. Either you can always move where you can see or pits limit your movement range but not your vision.

(09-17-2012 07:37 AM)bmike Wrote:  I just like it to be very clear that a sniper/bombshell can or can not fire over a gap or over a post. The spot opposite a shooter adjacent to the posts is three spaces away, but not targetable. Since the bombshell has range 3 it can see that spot but not hit it directly, no?
Here's a Mexican Standoff with Snipers:
[Image: Snipers.png]
They can both see each other but they can not hit the other without moving.

Here's your Bombshell situation:
[Image: Bombshell1.png] [Image: Bombshell2.png]
And you are right - the Bombshell can see the Heavy (but not vice versa) and the Bombshell can only hit the Heavy via splash damage.

So far for the off-topic portion of this post.

The way I see it, the current debate relates to ambiguity or incompleteness of the game's help section. To be honest, I don't see a problem here. If you were to write an extensive help section that covers absolutely every situation and edge case (such as the Scrambler brainwashing a Bombshell) you would end up with a huge wall of text that nobody would ever read and you would eventually arrive at exactly the same discussion we are entertaining right now - the only difference would be that there would be someone who (rightfully) points out "this is covered in the help section! Section Foo, subsection Bar, paragraph 23!". You would even have to include absolutely ridiculous things like a Mobi teleporting a shelled Bombshell (yes, that is possible) which will hardly ever occur in competitive gameplay.
Look at the Tips for New Players thread - the vast majority of tips are a logical inference of the game rules plus some practical experience. Because the help section is compact (to have even a remote chance of being read) and because it does not cover everything. At least we have Pass'n'play to empirically test situations for ourselves (which I encourage you to do if you are unsure about something).

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When a scrabbler converts a shell, shouldn't it go to 1 health? - Kamikaze28 - 09-17-2012 07:10 PM