Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes
08-06-2012, 04:18 AM
RE: Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes
I was going to bring up bonus pool issue but eijolend already has that covered. Once BP is implemented this will no longer be such a big issue. Currently the points really do mean nothing but this will be fixed.

But yea it is too bad points are meaningless for now... My friend is about 300 points in gifted with 20 games played and he beats players with way more points all the time. His latest win was over a 1500 point Master league player...

This brings up another issue, points should be lowered upon promotion. Points in lower leagues should be worth less than upper leagues. This 1500 point rank 1 masters lost to a gifted player (granted my friend is probably high masters level), he most certainly isn't top masters material (I watched the replay and he wasted a lot of wits). In Starcraft you points are reset to 73+bonus pool upon promotion. That's just one possibility, but whatever the solution something should be done to reduce points on promotion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking Nonsense - Living in Parallel Universes - jaesonwu - 08-06-2012 04:18 AM