Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
03-09-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 05:50 AM by Ja Karta.)
RE: Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
I think I could count on one hand the number of times that's happened to me from any player ranked clever or above ...if I could remember them at all. I've played well over 100 games.

Unranked players, and very rarely fluffy players (in friendlies anyway) will stop playing. Though they quit as often as they stop.

I think you just had bad luck. I've certainly never had the problem with players in Gifted or Masters doing it. You just win after 4 days anyway so there's no real point since most players have more slots than games.

I often find people in gifted/masters where we can finish a game in a couple hours though.
(If you like really fast paced games, get an irl friend or make friends with someone in league who played quickly. Do friendlies with them. Great for when you have an itch Smile )

(03-09-2013 05:36 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  dont start playing 2v2 atleast until you get to gifted.
2v2 takes way longer than 1v1. so only play 2v2 if you have slots to spare.

Yeah, I don't recommend 2v2 unless you've got more than 5 slots. Those games are *much* slower.

My own experience is also that playing with random players isn't much fun. I really enjoy playing with irl friends or just players I met playing 1v1 league games. (Don't forget you can chat with people after a good game!)

Playing random 2v2 can be... frustrating. Smile I'd save that for after you have free slots, a sense of what you're doing, and willingness to slog through the lower ranks. (I imagine random is much more fun when you're paired with other players that know what they're doing Smile )

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked - Ja Karta - 03-09-2013 05:42 AM