Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fluffy to Gifted Tournament - FINISHED
10-05-2012, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 07:30 AM by Eijolend.)
Fluffy to Gifted Tournament - FINISHED
Final Standings

Fluffy Gifts for Clever Players - or so...

Hello and welcome to the Tournament exclusively for our Fluffy to Gifted League players!

This is for people who'd like to take part in a tournament, but don't like getting stomped by the Super Titans that are usually climbing up the ranks.

You have to be in Fluffy, Clever or Gifted League to participate. Multiple threads in these forum show, that league adjustments feel a bit slow and since I'd like to see interesting competition I'd like to ask you to refrain from joining if you have absurd win rates, you're bored to death by the matches the matchmaking system gives you and are just waiting for the system to finally move you up.

Format: Swiss System Tournament.
All games in the same round will be played on the same map. I'm planning for 6 rounds, since we currently have 6 maps available to us.
The match ups will be made using standard swiss pairing.

A Match consists of 2 Games played on the same map with different starting players. You don't have to purchase all the teams to participate in this tournament, but you'll forfeit your right to be P1 on the maps you can't start a game on.

Wins are worth 1 Point.
Draws are worth 0.5 Points.
Losses are worth 0 Points.

Tie Breakers:
1. Head-to-Head (if applicable)
2. Buchholz Score (Opponents' Points Total)
3. Sonneborn-Berger Score

Timeouts:
I don't want to enforce any additional timeout rules besides the standard 4 days that is always in place, but I'd like to ask you to play both games in parallel and take turns in a timely fashion, since all the matches have to be finished before we can move on to the next round. I hope it won't take more than 2 weeks for each round to complete.

Reporting results: Report your finished games in this thread. It doesn't matter who reports the game, but in general it's the winner's responsibility to make sure the game gets reported. You'll also need to include the replay of the game (how to do that). If you lose the replay, both players have to agree on the result for it to be counted.
Please use the following format for reporting:

Map Name
P1 Player 1
P2 Player 2
Winner
Replay

Signups (Closed): Please provide your Game Center Name and your League. If possible also include a rough estimate of the number of wins in 1v1 and Points.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 01:28 AM
RE: Tournament for lower leagues
I'd be willing to help out Eijolend. I <3 tournaments.
10-05-2012, 01:54 AM
im interested in joining if this ever goes through.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-05-2012, 02:05 AM
You should make a poll on that!

10-05-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm in Gifted so, I'm in!!!

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
10-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Hopefully this wouldn't be an issue, but I believe GreatGonzales pointed this out in the World Cup thread so I thought it should be brought up here.

I'd like to suggest those of you who know you clearly are high masters and Super-Titan level, but are in Gifted or below due to slow matchmaking progression to refrain from joining. I'm sure there will be plenty of high level tournaments for you to join later ^^

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-05-2012, 04:04 AM
(10-05-2012 01:28 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I'd be willing to help out Eijolend. I <3 tournaments.
That's great! Smile

(10-05-2012 03:28 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I'd like to suggest those of you who know you clearly are high masters and Super-Titan level, but are in Gifted or below due to slow matchmaking progression to refrain from joining. I'm sure there will be plenty of high level tournaments for you to join later ^^
Yeah CombatEX, those players shouldn't join. We probably could set some criteria, but I hope that won't be necessary.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
10-05-2012, 04:28 AM
This is a fantastic idea, I'll be watching to see how it turns out

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
(10-05-2012 03:28 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Hopefully this wouldn't be an issue, but I believe GreatGonzales pointed this out in the World Cup thread so I thought it should be brought up here.

I'd like to suggest those of you who know you clearly are high masters and Super-Titan level, but are in Gifted or below due to slow matchmaking progression to refrain from joining. I'm sure there will be plenty of high level tournaments for you to join later ^^

how would the criteria work?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-05-2012, 08:55 AM
No criteria, that's why I just said I'd like to suggest. It would be too hard to actually enforce any kind of rule. Just use your judgement. For example, are you in Gifted with a 90% w/l? Then don't join this tournament. That kind of thing.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]