Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
08-07-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
The guy I was playing was right, you guys are talking about me lol.

To all I've played, I'm sure you're a little annoyed. I'm sorry, but I do this with multiple games (find modifications/exploits and such) and see what else I can do. I'm surprised only my "wit hacks" were talked about on here. There was more than that that I found. I've gotten to the point where the game is a little drained of variables to edit though and I'm more than willing to tell the Devs on how to fix it (or at least give them an idea of how to). The game's dead to me and I'd like to help at least before I delete it.

So does a Dev wanna talk a little bit? In PM on here is fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 07:23 AM
(08-07-2012 07:14 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  The guy I was playing was right, you guys are talking about me lol.

To all I've played, I'm sure you're a little annoyed. I'm sorry, but I do this with multiple games (find modifications/exploits and such) and see what else I can do. I'm surprised only my "wit hacks" were talked about on here. There was more than that that I found. I've gotten to the point where the game is a little drained of variables to edit though and I'm more than willing to tell the Devs on how to fix it (or at least give them an idea of how to). The game's dead to me and I'd like to help at least before I delete it.

I think annoyed is the understatement of the day.
08-07-2012, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 07:38 AM by SymmetricInDesign.)
(08-07-2012 07:23 AM)swimj Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 07:14 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  The guy I was playing was right, you guys are talking about me lol.

I think annoyed is the understatement of the day.

Probably. "Ranking up" on the leaderboards was the least of my concern with this game. I had more fun messing with it. The devs can take the help or leave it. I'll be done with the game in a week.
08-07-2012, 08:17 AM

There is a responsible way to deal with exploits and then there is your way. The only redeeming fact is your offer to explain your hacks to the devs. Nevertheless, ruining other peoples days is just wrong.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
(08-07-2012 08:17 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

There is a responsible way to deal with exploits and then there is your way. The only redeeming fact is your offer to explain your hacks to the devs. Nevertheless, ruining other peoples days is just wrong.

If I "ruined other peoples days" with a video game, then they have problems. I was actually PRETTY responsible with the exploits. Do you see a single tutorial online ANYWHERE? No. Because I didn't post it. I found one exploit, then I decided to look for others. I was going to tell the Dev's regardless, I just wanted to look around for whatever else could come up.
08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
(08-07-2012 10:23 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 08:17 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

If I "ruined other peoples days" with a video game, then they have problems. I was actually PRETTY responsible with the exploits. Do you see a single tutorial online ANYWHERE? No. Because I didn't post it. I found one exploit, then I decided to look for others. I was going to tell the Dev's regardless, I just wanted to look around for whatever else could come up.
Just curious, what were your other exploits? Spawn variations?
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 06:31 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(08-07-2012 10:23 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  If I "ruined other peoples days" with a video game, then they have problems. I was actually PRETTY responsible with the exploits. Do you see a single tutorial online ANYWHERE? No. Because I didn't post it. I found one exploit, then I decided to look for others. I was going to tell the Dev's regardless, I just wanted to look around for whatever else could come up.

The primary purpose of games is entertainment. You found a way to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents and continued to use this advantage even after you had proven to yourself that it works thereby depriving other players from the entertainment of the game. You even deprived yourself of this entertainment by removing any form of challenge from your matches. That's what I meant with irresponsible handling of exploits.
Find it, test it once, preferably in a friendly game with someone who knows what you are trying to do, and report it without asking the devs to come to you, there is a contact form on the OML homepage and various references to Alex' email address. That's responsible to me. What you did was wrong and detrimental to the game you seemingly tried to improve.
Nevertheless, making this exploit public would have been even worse, I'll give you that.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
I agree with Kamikaze on this - why attempt this in Ranked League matches for SO LONG if you weren't seeking an unfair advantage or looking to mess with people? Even against random opponents I'm sure unranked Friendly matches would have shown you the same results/information...

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 07:01 AM by Mr.Banger.)
Worldfamous. I hope u don't think me and my partner were hacking wins. It was a glitch and idk how I got all those wins and was very suprised as well.
08-08-2012, 08:25 AM
(08-08-2012 06:09 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Worldfamous. I hope u don't think me and my partner were hacking wins. It was a glitch and idk how I got all those wins and was very suprised as well.

Not at all. I actually figured it was some sort of glitch from the beginning. We just hadn't faced you guys and I kept watching your score go up, wondering why you didn't move to the ST league. I only posted about it in this thread because someone mentioned a similar issue in another league. Hopefully we'll match up against you guys soon.