Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
GG Champions League 2014-15 (SIGN-UPS OPEN FOR PLAY-OFFS) [11/9/14]
09-23-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 01:17 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: GG Champions League 2014-15 (LIVE) [09/22/14]
(09-23-2014 12:39 PM)HuskyPete Wrote:  One issue is when you accept a game and choose your race you don't know if they took the wit tile. Perhaps they should invite you to a different map then you are scheduled to play (Bbobbs idea)

If they took the wit tile and you chose the race you will play with, and if after that they gave up to "officially" start the match, they will be punished with a discount of half the worth of the result of that match. Half the worth of the result is painful enough for the mistake. If 3, then it'll be 1.5. If 1 then it'll be 0.5. So it'll cost for them half the worth to see the race their opponents will play with.

If we allow to play in a different map, things might not be balanced for all the participants which will play twice per map. Also, players could just do this as many time as they want until they get the map they want, if it's about changing the map.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2014, 02:04 PM
You're misunderstanding the issue here.

Example: I invite Husky to a game. I don't take the wit space, and say "are you ready" or whatever.

Husky, not knowing this is not the official game, selects his team. Now I know that he's playing Scally, and when I start the actual game, I can adjust my opening accordingly. I should not have this knowledge, or that advantage.

Also, Husky is not suggesting playing on a different map. He is suggesting inviting on a different map, with an unofficial game. So if for example I'm supposed to play Husky on Reaper, I would invite him to a game on Glitch. When he sees the Glitch invite, he knows it's not the official game and can then pick whatever team he wants without worrying about giving anything away.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2014, 07:48 PM
I think Husky is talking about our case. I didn't think about I could have any advantage on it. I didn't use a different map because I sent out 10 invites today, I thought it was easy for me to manage snd start the official match as I didn't have to look at which map I should use again.

I agreed with both husky & amoffett, I think I should cancell all invites and start it again even though it is painful for me to manage all 10 invites at the same time.

I did offer husky to restart the match or I could change other race he wanted. My apology for any inconvinence caused. I will accept point deduction if Husky still feels that is unfair to him. Sorry again!
09-23-2014, 08:37 PM
(09-23-2014 02:04 PM)amoffett11 Wrote:  You're misunderstanding the issue here.

Example: I invite Husky to a game. I don't take the wit space, and say "are you ready" or whatever.

Husky, not knowing this is not the official game, selects his team. Now I know that he's playing Scally, and when I start the actual game, I can adjust my opening accordingly. I should not have this knowledge, or that advantage.

Also, Husky is not suggesting playing on a different map. He is suggesting inviting on a different map, with an unofficial game. So if for example I'm supposed to play Husky on Reaper, I would invite him to a game on Glitch. When he sees the Glitch invite, he knows it's not the official game and can then pick whatever team he wants without worrying about giving anything away.

Ah yeah. I was misunderstanding. I am sorry. Thanks amoffett for your patience. Thanks Husky Pete for the suggestion.

So, when asking players should invite in a different map. Great idea. I'll change the rule 13 since it's not necessary then.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
09-23-2014, 09:26 PM
(09-23-2014 07:48 PM)50 is cuten 20 here Wrote:  I think Husky is talking about our case. I didn't think about I could have any advantage on it. I didn't use a different map because I sent out 10 invites today, I thought it was easy for me to manage snd start the official match as I didn't have to look at which map I should use again.

I agreed with both husky & amoffett, I think I should cancell all invites and start it again even though it is painful for me to manage all 10 invites at the same time.

I did offer husky to restart the match or I could change other race he wanted. My apology for any inconvinence caused. I will accept point deduction if Husky still feels that is unfair to him. Sorry again!

I didn't name names lol. And no need for point deduction.

[Image: sig.png]
09-23-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 10:08 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
(09-23-2014 07:48 PM)50 is cuten 20 here Wrote:  I will accept point deduction if Husky still feels that is unfair to him. Sorry again!

Nobody has named anyone nor talked about deducting a point to you. The suggestion Husky Pete made will be applied as the Rule #13. I am really sorry for all this inconvenience. I didn't think about it before starting the League. But well, everything is ok now.

Keep having fun

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: GG Champions League 2014-15 (LIVE) [09/25/14]
You know, there's a similar issue if a player is P2 for a match but then times out because they're not ready or something. Then, watching the replay, they can find out P1's race AND their first move. What would you do in this case?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
09-26-2014, 11:53 AM
(09-26-2014 11:47 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  You know, there's a similar issue if a player is P2 for a match but then times out because they're not ready or something. Then, watching the replay, they can find out P1's race AND their first move. What would you do in this case?

I dunno... NOT point it out to everyone. Tongue

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
09-26-2014, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 12:05 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
I actually, as P1, use a different opening if this occurs.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-27-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: GG Champions League 2014-15 (LIVE) [09/27/14]
That's why the rule #13 says the player must invite to play in a different map. Also the #4 teaches that players can arrange their mayches using the threads. If they take a risk inviting them to play in the official map and they don't send the turn back, it'll not be his fault since his opponent didn't consider the rule #4 and #13 so to speak. In such a case I would suggest what which Doodat suggested.

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Thread Closed