Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The future of Outwitters
07-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Star The future of Outwitters
I know that talking about Outwitters 2 isn`t that new and that there were a lot of threads dealing with this issue but I like to open a new one and try to mainly encourage Alex and Adam to perhaps rethink if it isn`t worth it and to air my opinion that you (OML) have a gem in your hands with this game which you really shouldn’t throw away cause it has the potential to become really valuable!

When you published the “leftovers” and declared the end of the future advancements of Outwitters I was quite shocked cause I discovered more and more what a stroke of genius the development of this game was and I really thank you for that!

You really managed to keep a game simple so that everyone can just start playing and at the same time you invented a game which is so complex and strategically deep that you can spend hours to think about critical situations (if you really like to….). I don’t want to compare Outwitters with chess cause the game is really different not only thanks to FOW and sometimes completely unknown Wit-amounts of your opponent (things that I love and that give the game the final edge!) but I really think that you can compare the strategic level. I don’t know how many players really often enough tried to think some turns in advance in Outwitters…..that`s really a challenge which can melt your brain…. Doing it in chess-games is normal and chess is for sure a fantastic strategic game but single turns are not that complex.

What I try to figure out is that in my opinion you not only made an App with a fun game but you invented a new and absolutely fantastic strategic game with high quality which deserves to be known by all those players in the world who love to play strategic games online.

Of course there are several steps necessary to achieve this. At the moment Outwitters is only open to users of iOs-devices and only playable on them. You will reach absolutely huge amounts of players when you not only open it for android also but if you create a desktop version.

But to promote such a step I think we really need Outwitters 2 cause you always can talk better about a complete new game “Outwitters 2” (or a complete other name maybe!) than about an update which sounds smaller and not really newer to the ones purchasing the game. You only get promotions with new games!

I know that the income you had through Outwitters wasn’t what you hoped for and you also explained that perhaps you should have used another concept when you started with Outwitters to make sure it will pay out…..well perhaps it´s not too hard to make a restart and to make all these things right or better this time?

When you rename main parts of the game and the game itself (just a suggestion!) you can perhaps keep the game mainly like it is, add some new stuff like another race and some more map-packs and keep the necessary efforts low but you get the chance to reach all those people who missed the news when Outwitters was promoted and earned titels like “best App” in 2012. You can`t hope that the popularity of this game will have a comeback out of it`s own and I really fear that the community will decrease over the years without new stuff.

You don`t have to reinvent this wonderful game and you don`t have to alter it that much cause it`s perfect. It always needs some new editions, new functions (like perhaps tournament functions in of the game which you can also use to earn money or other modes), new art or something like that to keep a game alive and to give the community enough fodder to talk and think about or just to enjoy it.

Outwitters is 2 years old now and I enjoyed it that I always had more or less games ongoing since I downloaded it. I spend huge amounts of my slim free time enjoying this game and I thank you for that!

Please don’t worry about game balances when adding new ideas or new races/maps/functions……you have all of us who are your community to give you feedback about the balance of the game!

Please rethink the options and capabilities (also the financial potential!) that you have in your hands with a game like this and perhaps just give a shot! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: The future of Outwitters
They will release it. If you look the subliminal message when Outwitters turned 2 years, you'll realize about it. They said:

"Outwitters turns 2 today! Thank you to our fans for your unwavering support throughout these years! Here’s to many more years to come!"

Keywords:

- Outwitters... 2
- unwavering support
- MANY more years to come

Let's wait because it'll come Smile

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2014, 08:00 PM
I agree with Pharmaphan, for me it's near to be more complex than chess. In chess you often hesitate between 3 or 4 potential moves, but in this game you have so many good combinations available with your witts that I think it's more complex. The big difference is that the consequence of a move in Outwitters is less critical than in chess for my opinion.

If I was you, I would launch Outwitters 2 with lot's of new paying races. But really more, something like 50. It's a hard work but I think that lot's of player will choose one, and after losing, will take another one and it will increase a lot the beauty, complexity and fun of this game.

But this is a hard work to create so many teams with a story and a new special each time.
07-14-2014, 01:39 AM
I think somewhere like 8-12 races would be best. Make the original 3 free Smile More maps, maybe special modes? It sounds like a lot of work, but us in the community would be happy to contribute for free. I think even us diehard fans feel a bit in a rut sometimes and this would really shake the game up and encourage more play.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
07-14-2014, 01:54 AM
I agree with demon Smile! 8-12 teams would drastically change things up add a few new maps too!

Also to make the game immortal and never dull-ish agin enforce a map builder where you can build & share & play friendly matches, would make hosting grass root tournaments sooo fun you
You could make it so all you have to do is copy a link after ur done building the map and then all anyone would have to do is enter it to play on it. The game would be endless

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
07-14-2014, 02:26 AM
(07-12-2014 08:51 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  They will release it. If you look the subliminal message when Outwitters turned 2 years, you'll realize about it. They said:

"Outwitters turns 2 today! Thank you to our fans for your unwavering support throughout these years! Here’s to many more years to come!"

Keywords:

- Outwitters... 2
- unwavering support

I'm glad Outwitters isnt turning 3, otherwise that would mean Adam and Alex would skip Outwitters 2 and go straight for Outwitters 3.

somewhere in top 50
07-14-2014, 02:29 AM
(07-14-2014 02:26 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 08:51 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  They will release it. If you look the subliminal message when Outwitters turned 2 years, you'll realize about it. They said:

Keywords:

- Outwitters... 2
- unwavering support

I'm glad Outwitters isnt turning 3, otherwise that would mean Adam and Alex would skip Outwitters 2 and go straight for Outwitters 3.

Exactly! You remember me that movie called "a beautiful mind". Haha, just kidding

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
07-14-2014, 02:55 AM

Keywords:

- Outwitters... 2
- unwavering support

It's logic.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
07-14-2014, 05:45 AM
(07-14-2014 01:54 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  I agree with demon Smile! 8-12 teams would drastically change things up add a few new maps too!

Also to make the game immortal and never dull-ish agin enforce a map builder where you can build & share & play friendly matches, would make hosting grass root tournaments sooo fun you
You could make it so all you have to do is copy a link after ur done building the map and then all anyone would have to do is enter it to play on it. The game would be endless

There should be a way to vote for "Maps of the Two-Week-Long period" and also every month add a new player-created map that has the most votes

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
07-14-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 02:09 AM by GendryStorm.)
(07-14-2014 02:55 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  

Keywords:

- Outwitters... 2
- unwavering support

It's logic.

The brambshell scramobi is a monster straight from lovecraft universe. Big Grin

As much as i'd like to see new races anything more than 5 or so additions
would drastically increase the size of outwitters. . . But since we're on a mood
to wish for shiny new things, what kind of race theme and specials would you
like to see in the (near) future?

Me,i'd like:

Stone-themed race and a special which can change map topography

Circus-themed race and a special which can randomize positioning of enemy army

Snowmen and a special which can cause avalanche and freeze enemy for a turn

Fluffy League