Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill!
07-23-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill!
(07-23-2014 02:35 PM)GendryStorm Wrote:  Congratulations Torbeck! Those were very nice games, particularly the one in glitch.
I was beginning to think that adorables were slowly staking their claim in that map:
See (L34RT vs The Bit Pilot, 2014 WC), (awpertunity vs amofett, 1st KotH Tourney),
Princess Unicorn Sparkles replays. I was sure The Great Habudabi would be able to
steal a point in the finals... And make another strong argument for adorables on
glitch, particularly on the turn when he started his mobi push on your weak flank. But
the counter was quick and convincing!

I think I may have got a break here - unfortunately for The Great Habudabi moving the soldier at the end of turn 13 was really his undoing. It gave me a great chance to scramble and hit the sniper which otherwise would have been safe and that was when the game turned I think. Always have to be very careful when you get within three hexes of a feedback spawn point!

I'm guessing it was because he feared I may have had a runner on the spawn then thereby been able to double tap the sniper... but generally using 2 runners to take out a sniper is not efficient anyway so better to let it fall and clean up the runners afterward.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill!
A few more results:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAuonx9AsM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhrXTkAgM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhqn4twoM

I didn't get the consolation of beating Tor, but at least I won againt the other finalist in TGH Big Grin Good games everyone, and congrats Torbreck for winning it all Smile
07-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Congrats, Torbreck!!Super-TitanSmile
07-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Congrats Torbreck! Well done. I look forward to the next tournament.
07-24-2014, 02:15 AM
(07-23-2014 04:11 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  
(07-23-2014 02:35 PM)GendryStorm Wrote:  Congratulations Torbeck! Those were very nice games, particularly the one in glitch.
I was beginning to think that adorables were slowly staking their claim in that map:
See (L34RT vs The Bit Pilot, 2014 WC), (awpertunity vs amofett, 1st KotH Tourney),
Princess Unicorn Sparkles replays. I was sure The Great Habudabi would be able to
steal a point in the finals... And make another strong argument for adorables on
glitch, particularly on the turn when he started his mobi push on your weak flank. But
the counter was quick and convincing!

I think I may have got a break here - unfortunately for The Great Habudabi moving the soldier at the end of turn 13 was really his undoing. It gave me a great chance to scramble and hit the sniper which otherwise would have been safe and that was when the game turned I think. Always have to be very careful when you get within three hexes of a feedback spawn point!

I'm guessing it was because he feared I may have had a runner on the spawn then thereby been able to double tap the sniper... but generally using 2 runners to take out a sniper is not efficient anyway so better to let it fall and clean up the runners afterward.

I wasn't fearing a double Runner, I was simply being too aggressive too soon. My mantra when I know I should be taking a break instead of taking turns. Much like our Sweet Tooth game with my Scrambler placement. I waged the risk/reward and decided to go for it and both times you got me.

I look forward to a rematch in the future!

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
07-31-2014, 08:55 AM
My last game... Ha ha

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2uPNoAoM
07-31-2014, 09:04 PM
(07-31-2014 08:55 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  My last game... Ha ha

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2uPNoAoM

Norahsul, instead of spawning a runner on turn 38, why didnt you continue pressuring his wit space? I thought it was over by then. Big Grin
08-01-2014, 03:31 PM
(07-31-2014 09:04 PM)GendryStorm Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 08:55 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  My last game... Ha ha

Norahsul, instead of spawning a runner on turn 38, why didnt you continue pressuring his wit space? I thought it was over by then. Big Grin

That's a good point. Honestly I can't remember why I didn't press for the wit space, I suppose I could too. Maybe at that time the game was just going too long and I was falling asleep?

Haha

Thanks for hosting its fun! Smile
08-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Here are the rest of my games:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhobqpAkM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhsmL-wkM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxs-kogsM

The game against Awp was simply epic. Most fun game i had for quite a while Smile Good game all, good game Awp. And thanks again Gendry.
08-03-2014, 04:14 PM
(08-03-2014 11:43 AM)Uyduruk Wrote:  Here are the rest of my games:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhobqpAkM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhsmL-wkM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxs-kogsM

The game against Awp was simply epic. Most fun game i had for quite a while Smile Good game all, good game Awp. And thanks again Gendry.

Yeah amazing siegecraft on long nine! I wonder though if awpertunity could've
continued to put pressure on turn 32 by splash bombing the bombshell and
runner, healing shark and killing soldier, and then healing the runner and
occupying the hex in front of his bombshell?

Your game against norahsul is a good illustration of the feedback's medic gambit
on glitch.