Poll: Have you lost notifications recently?
Notifications work just fine
They have never worked on my device
They stopped working recently, OML fix this, please.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Push notifications stopped working recently
10-14-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: Push notifications stopped working recently
I can confirm my older device (iPad), notifications work. My new device (iPhone 6), notifications do not work. I know others with the same situation as well. Both devices iOS8. Thanks Alex!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2014, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 07:58 PM by onealexleft.)
Update on this:
Fixed a bug that wouldn't deliver pushes to ipod touches. Should work for ipod touches now. So LegacyofEight, Demon, dakdak97, give it a go and report back

For others like Alex78HD, Juslas, akkette, Husky Pete, CryzChkn, I still haven't been able to pin down any correlation as to why all or some of your devices aren't are failing to deliver.

I did some database clean up recently so any pushes that happened before the 18th of October I don't have a record of on the new servers. If any of you who are still experiencing issues as recent as the time of this posting even after toggling your notification settings to 'on' in settings for outwitters please let me know so I can track down those push messages (or lack there of) with at least an easily searchable time range. I just need your in-game username so I can trace it back to our push servers. List of devices you currently play on would be helpful too.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-25-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 09:07 PM by Juslas.)
I play as Juslas with iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 and I have saved my iPhone 4s iOS 7 just to show push notifications ;-)
krogoth300 and others have reported that they lost push notifications when they updated hardware.
But we all have had working notifications for single Game Center ID for multiple devices (iPad/iPhone).
I have no clue why notifications are lost, Apple to blame?
Is it possible to write some kind of "clear this Game Center ID from all attached devices" resetting code inside to Outwitters. After reset you logged to Outwitters as fresh (with old user name). Problem seems quite a mess, being able to force reset might work?
10-26-2014, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 04:53 AM by Juslas.)
(10-25-2014 07:56 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Update on this:
If any of you who are still experiencing issues as recent as the time of this posting even after toggling your notification settings to 'on' in settings for outwitters please let me know so I can track down those push messages (or lack there of) with at least an easily searchable time range. I just need your in-game username so I can trace it back to our push servers. List of devices you currently play on would be helpful too.

I disabled notitications, fidled with settings and played Outwitters.
Neither my iphone nor mustapuna's ipad receive notitications on our ongoing match. But my old iPhone happily beeps when it's my turn.
No improvements, I have to report.
Match played today, mustapuna did not get notifications and my old iPhone got turns several seconds faster than new phone (refresh). So no push on new iPhone : outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtbiVpgkM
10-26-2014, 07:52 AM
They are working again on my device! Thanks a lot Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-28-2014, 09:01 PM
(10-14-2014 10:48 PM)krogoth300 Wrote:  I can confirm my older device (iPad), notifications work. My new device (iPhone 6), notifications do not work. I know others with the same situation as well. Both devices iOS8. Thanks Alex!

Can you confirm whether your iphone 6 is now working?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Notifications are not working for me. I'm on an iPad mini with iOS7 on it.

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
10-28-2014, 10:32 PM
(10-28-2014 10:17 PM)Magnum Wrote:  Notifications are not working for me. I'm on an iPad mini with iOS7 on it.

Same as Magnum. Notifications are also not working on my iPhone 4s with iOS7 on it.

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
[Image: sig.png]
10-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Notifications working on iPhone 5 with iOS7
Notifications not working on iPad Mini with iOS7
Game not working on iPhone 5: been on the "Online games require GC" for over a week now.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Jk I fixed the GC thing

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7