Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotions
04-02-2014, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 09:04 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Promotions
I'm a little curious. I have a theory that you cannot promote on a victory from a surrender. I wonder if this is true? Has anyone been promoted on a surrender?

Oh well, don't know.
Anyhow,
[Image: HI66yRB.png]

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Promotions
What is your theory based on?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
04-02-2014, 06:58 AM
First time I was promoted to ST, it was on a timeout. Not technically a surrender, but in the same ballpark.

I would be surprised if you couldn't. I mean, theoretically, if Johnny MCMastersLeague won his next 300 games in a row, all by surrender, the wins would probably push his hidden ranking high enough to be #1, ahead of LErat even. But he wouldn't be promoted to ST? Nah, probably it makes no difference.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
04-02-2014, 07:05 AM
This might be true.

I have surrendered plenty of times and I've never been promoted past Super-Titan

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
04-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Theory is based on winning 3 matches without losing any after the last rankings came out, all vs ST, last two being surrenders, the last one vs top 50.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
04-02-2014, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 07:08 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
(04-02-2014 07:06 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Theory is based on winning 3 matches without losing any after the last rankings came out, all vs ST, last two being surrenders, the last one vs top 50.

I've found that it takes quite a push to get promoted to ST. I think when I was climbing, I was ~35 in the top 200 before I finally got promoted. But once you get promoted, it takes a lot to get demoted.

Don't get discouraged! I know you'll be an ST soon!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
04-02-2014, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 07:15 AM by Necrocat219.)
Surrenders count the same as ordinary victories, just keep trying and make sure after any losses, know why they happen and get a winning streak and you'll get there eventually. Place in to 200 counts more as an accurate representation than if you get promoted (but being a ST is everyone's top goal)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?