Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Outwitters World Cup 2014 Standings [LIVE]
03-16-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Outwitters World Cup 2014 Standings [LIVE]
(03-16-2014 06:42 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  Congrats to LER4T and jesusfuentesh completing the last game in group B and welcome both to the R032.

jesusfuentesh will match against Sharugames with Sharugames having the P1/P2 choice.

Good luck all..

Thanks Torbreck.

Sharugames, will you be P1 or P2?

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Hi Jesusfuentesh,

Congrats on reaching last32 and i'll be going 2nd place.

Travelling to London till Thursday for work so will most likely only accept games afterwards.
Find all posts by this user
03-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Place Competition Started
Announcing the start of the Plate competition!

The match-ups have been randomly drawn and are as follows:

1) Blackfella4283 vs chezedude
2) GendryStorm vs Husky Pete
3) Lawtai vs Mari BK
4) mr 13en vs Thcdoremi

These match-ups and standings will be posted (and updated) in the OP shortly.

The format and rules for this competition-within-a-competition is exactly the same as it is for the Quarter-final (and subsequent) stages of the World Cup.
i.e.
- Players will play a best of 3 set.
- The first 2 games on Sweetie Plains and the 3rd on Sharkfood Island
- A different race must be used for each game in the best of three set.
- The player who's name is listed first in the above list will have the choice of P1 or P2 in the 3rd game. From there forward it will be determined according to the rules of the main competition.

Post your results to the other thread as normal but to help awpertunity out please include in your post that this is for the Plate comp so as not to confuse.

The winner of this competition will secure the Plate price of $50

You are free to start you games now!

good luck!

Torbreck & Awpertunity.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
03-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Calling on trumpet.alan and others for help on how to start our games. Thanks! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Hey joelduque - you can go ahead and send Trumpet an invite on Reaper. He will send you one back on the same map. Then for the 3rd game on Thorn Gulley as the top qualifier you can choose if you want P1 orP2 ( perhaps do that in the in game chat in the first 2 games)
Remember to use a different races in each of the three games

King of the Hill
03-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Congrats to Norahsul who has secured the final berth in the RO32 after Thrutchy has to withdraw. Although there is still a game in progress in group L the +/- points will mean that Norasul will advance regardless of the result in that game.

King of the Hill
03-24-2014, 01:39 PM
(03-18-2014 08:02 AM)Sharugames Wrote:  Hi Jesusfuentesh,

Congrats on reaching last32 and i'll be going 2nd place.

Travelling to London till Thursday for work so will most likely only accept games afterwards.

Hey buddy, are you up to start the matches? Can I already send you the invites?

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2014, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 08:30 AM by Torbreck.)
Hey all - time for a quick Torbreck Tourney update.

We've taken another step closer to the finals with all but 3 of the RO16 competitors now identified. Stand by for some more info on these player in the coming days ... but for now let's looks at the matches..

(Players with underscore have the Game 3 choice of P1/P2)

Pharmafan and Cor13:4 re currently duking in out in a clan GG local derby.

mr_13en and tourney co-organiser awpertunity both came off a 2-1 win in the previous round and are locked in battle.

===Torbreck=== and Mag!cGuy are about to commence our RO 16 matches - I'm just stretching up now... the game 3 choice is undecided yet as I still have a game in progress against norahsul

TheBitPilot is up against current league #1 LER4T who has had an almost flawless competition so far.
Will the game 3 advantage help ?

World cup #1 winner Alvendor is being challenged by hifimatlock . Will the original king keep his crown ?

And....waiting patiently, with Jedi like composure, for their RO16 games are poweewee,Uyduruk00, and His_Daddy

In the Plate competition
We are about to start the Semi finals!! - the winner of which will go on to compete for the end prize!

Congrats to Mari BK from the Netherlands and Thcdoremi from the USA who match up in the first Semi-finals
On the other side of the ladder HuskyPete has one foot in the Semi's with a game up over GendryStorm and we wait for news from Blackfella4283 or chezedude as to how their games are going.

If any of the players above haven't started their games yet, then now is a good time to do so!

Good luck!

King of the Hill
04-15-2014, 05:23 AM
We could have RO16 games started if poweewee & Uyduruk00 agree to play both RO32 players so as to catchup and start regardless of RO32 finishing.

Would get strange though if we finish the RO16 before the end of the RO32 Smile

Or maybe shorten the time limite between turns ??
04-15-2014, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014 07:51 PM by Torbreck.)
I guess that is ok if all players agree to it... may not be able to start the 3rd game until you know who has the P1/P2 choice

So as an aside, and while there is a but of a lull in in the results (no doubt because everyone is thinking fairly hard about their moves - I wish I did as I think I'm about to exit at the hands of Mag!c, but that is another story)

Here is a quick profile of the top 16 players in the world.

Thank you to all the competitors for taking the time to send in their details and congrats to all for making it to the top 16 - it's not 100% complete as there are still 2 names to add to this and I will update it in due course, but for now have read....

Interesting (though perhaps not surprising) to see there is a fair representation from the Software Development and Educational vocations.

Cheers,
Torbreck.

[Edit - updated attachment added in later post]

King of the Hill