Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people are actively playing Outwitters?
01-05-2014, 01:59 PM
How many people are actively playing Outwitters?
Hi there,
Perhaps the game developers can answer this question, but I understand if they want to keep that information private.

How many players currently have active games going? Publicly available are the following data points:
- “200 Top Player” (so more than 200 Smile )
- 560,000 downloads according to the Wired article from 2012
- and then the OSN (Code Penguin) statistics, which currently show 4,239 players. However, the Code Penguin are possibly way off, since few of the lower ranked players submit games.

So question to the public:
Is this information available somewhere? Please post a link or directions.

Question to the developers:
Would you mind sharing this information with us? That would be great.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 02:21 PM by .Memories..)
RE: How many people are actively playing Outwitters?
(01-05-2014 01:59 PM)gyzn Wrote:  - and then the OSN (Code Penguin) statistics, which currently show 4,239 players. However, the Code Penguin are possibly way off, since few of the lower ranked players submit games.

You don't have to submit a game to appear on OSN. Not sure if that means that number is accurate or not, but just thought you should know Smile. I bet that number represents the number of players who have finished a game in season 4.

CodePenguin pulls the players from server data.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 02:25 PM by jchris98.)
(01-05-2014 02:19 PM).Memories. Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 01:59 PM)gyzn Wrote:  - and then the OSN (Code Penguin) statistics, which currently show 4,239 players. However, the Code Penguin are possibly way off, since few of the lower ranked players submit games.

You don't have to submit a game to appear on OSN. Not sure if that means that number is accurate or not, but just thought you should know Smile. I bet that number represents the number of players who have finished a game in season 4.

CodePenguin pulls the players from server data.

Codepenguin wrote somewhere on the forum that he must pull the divisions individually whenever he sees a new one from a player that posted a replay.

[Image: sig.png]
01-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Last I checked, which was some time mid last month, we were averaging 5k-6k daily user logins. We're just north of a million downloads since release.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks a lot Alex, and thanks a lot to you and Adam for all the time and work you guys are putting into this.
I greatly appreciate it.