3 Days - A little bit of A and B 46.67% 91 46.67%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing Time Limit for Turns
01-04-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Reducing Time Limit for Turns
I think there should be two alternative game types. "Standard" with the 4 day limit and quick games with a 24 hour limit.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 08:51 AM
(01-04-2014 07:59 AM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  I think there should be two alternative game types. "Standard" with the 4 day limit and quick games with a 24 hour limit.

If it's too expensive/hard to do a blitz mode. Maybe this would be easier to do. I would strongly support this.

[Image: sig.png]
01-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I'd just like to say thanks to you guys for addressing this because it has been extremely annoying!! I also know you guys probably have been busy still with TTL2 and the holidays so thanks for taking some time to throw us a bone! Big Grin
01-04-2014, 10:40 AM
First: slambop, you hurt my feelings, I didn't take longer than a day :c.
Second: I really think that a version for the clan meetings, the four-day matchups is needed.
Third: although I really like speed play, unforeseen circumstances can affect that. I still want a 4-day limit regardless. I know there are those who take a while purposely, but that's not the point. The point is to provide a reasonable time-limit, and I think 4 days is plenty of time for everyone.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
01-04-2014, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 11:01 AM by spacechef.)
The majority of people I play make their moves in a reasonable amount of time. It is the rare player that times out, be that real life, or disinterest in the game. It's for this reason I ask for a quick game option. Keep league as it is, with a 3 or 4 day timeout. For friendlies, the option to play a quick game, would be a great addition. Being able to focus on a game for a half hour would be great.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Doodat sorry for the confusion, I was referring to my league games. I was angry because some players strategy is focused to much on rating. If I know I lost I concede. Reading other posts seem to agree with this thought. I will look into trying to join a guild and try to get into tournament play. That seems to be why some people take so long. I am having trouble sorting through this site. I shouldn't complain I am currently over rated.
01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I was referring to our league game too.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
01-04-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 09:07 AM by Jaxxin....)
With 142 votes so far, over 75% want to reduce the limit, THANK GOODNESS!!! 28% to 2 days, 47% to 3 days.

Personally, I vote for 2 days. The occasional timed-out game (maybe only 5% of games, not THAT big a deal??) would be totally worth the faster more exciting game pacing. No question in my mind.

The main reason this game has stagnated is the painfully slow pacing. Just make it two days, get everyone in a faster mindset and playing faster, attract more new players who won't be turned off so quickly, profit!

VOTE FOR TWO DAYS!

TWO DAYS FOR PRESIDENT!

Master League Top 100 1v1
01-05-2014, 12:37 AM
There is a paradox build in to this discussion.
Players are annoyed because some opponents take turns at last day possible (maybe after they get notification). And we are not talking 4 days here, reality has been that we see "5 days ago" or even longer times on our match lists. And as rules state, we should be rewarded the victory! Good news is that server bug should be fixed now. So matches should be faster now on. Thx Alex.

To get numerous outcry to shorten time limit, there has to be plenty annoyingly slow players! What ever is their reason, I do not know, but they do need the time. And I mean they do need all the time game permits to them. Occasionally I do need all that time, too. Forced faster pace would alienate many from Outwitters, since it has been proved that many do need all of those 4 days to take their move.

And all of us who can take turns daily, just start more matches, evidently you get paired with player that is fast. I play with iPhone and I often take turns when they come, within minutes! But I do not expect opponents return the turn in a blitz. This is turn base, modern correspondence chess, respect it please, dear fellow players.
01-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I disagree that a change of 1 day will alienate numerous players.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]