2 Days - Yes 28.72% 56 28.72%
4 Days - keep it the same 24.62% 48 24.62%
3 Days - A little bit of A and B 46.67% 91 46.67%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing Time Limit for Turns
01-03-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 05:34 PM by Littlebull76.)
RE: Reducing Time Limit for Turns
Changing it to 2 days would totally ruin the game for me. I am a casual gamer. I can only play when I find time. Sometimes it is multiple times per day. And sometimes it is only twice per week. I have never lost a match from timeout before, but if the limit were 48 hours, then I would feel much more stress about playing than I feel is merited. 4 days is fair. Even 3 days would be better than 2. Two days to play is only fair to those that play it constantly, and excludes casual gamers.

I have personally brought at least 4 casual gamers to outwitters, all of which spent money on the game. This change would probably ostracize all 5 of us. We have very, very busy schedules and this game is a nice break. Don't ruin that for us by adding stress to something that helps us escape it elsewhere! Please!

I created an account on this forum just to post this. My guess is that there is a selection bias in comments here. I would guess that casual gamers make up a good portion of the customer base, but very few casual gamers will likely make an account to post here on these forums, outside the app. Even still, there doesn't seem to be a majority that want to switch. Keep that in mind, please. Thank you.

It appears that another "3 day" option was added to the poll while I was typing my post.

If the current scheme, with the timing out bug now fixed, is truly a problem, then 3 days is still much preferred to 2 days. What happens if you only play on your lunch break on weekdays? 48 hours is not long enough. 72 is just barely, and 4 days is quite comfortable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 05:43 PM by GendryStorm.)
I vote to reduce the turn limit to 3 days and replace the current timer with a countdown timer. But i prefer boyxoneder's timed game option, as discussed on his thread.

Wish i could change my poll vote (2 days), i didnt notice that the 3 day option was added.
01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
(01-03-2014 04:46 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  A lot of people are complaining that the turn limit is about six days due to a faulty bug or something. I actually wouldn't have minded that the turn limit is four days, but if the bug persists, you might as well change it to two days so that the bug can even itself to four days.

I agree completely! We're waiting not 4 but 6 days!!! That's too long. Make it 2, if not 1, we will still be waiting 3-4 days Sad(( Or maybe there is a way to fix that bug? It's really annoying.
01-03-2014, 05:46 PM
(01-03-2014 05:42 PM)*Ireth* Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:46 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  A lot of people are complaining that the turn limit is about six days due to a faulty bug or something. I actually wouldn't have minded that the turn limit is four days, but if the bug persists, you might as well change it to two days so that the bug can even itself to four days.

I agree completely! We're waiting not 4 but 6 days!!! That's too long. Make it 2, if not 1, we will still be waiting 3-4 days Sad(( Or maybe there is a way to fix that bug? It's really annoying.

I honestly thought that the turn limit was 6 days, as all my placement matches ended in time forfeit after 6 days. So sometimes i would finish a turn after 4/5 days. Blush
01-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I travel a lot. Two days would make playing much more difficult when my flights are sometimes over 14 hours long.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
01-03-2014, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 06:48 PM by (Rone).)
I personally wanted the four days however I took into consideration other Outwitters players and ended up voting for 3 days. Two days isn't enough to keep this game casual fun if your still trying to market towards those people.

I strongly support the idea, made by many, that a new option should be put in for a time limit type of game similar to the blitz idea given in the past. Even something like timed turns where they only have a certain period to do all their moves. Moreover, I suggest some sort of verification to confirm that their turn is over before the game time limit is up and auto switches to the other player turn. Something simple for example is to show the percentage of how often a player verifies their turn is over before it switches is all that is needed. This will allow people to more or less pick and choose whom they allow to play in a game by previously filling out a setting, during the creating part. For example, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 100% can be all be choices to set before the start of the fast pace game. Time limits can also be preset through the setting before the start of the fast pace time limited turns. For example, one, two, three, and five time limits can be chosen from.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
01-03-2014, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 07:19 PM by TheQwertiest.)
2 days is too fast i think. imo, 3 days is borderline of okay. maybe 3days and 12 hrs? if its possible.
anyway i voted for 3 days. its a bit surprising to see the number of people who voted for 2 days. im thinking they are mainly the newer players where the activity of playing is much higher.. also will the change affect the timelimit for friendly games too? i would prefer the timelimit to friendlies to stay at 4 days

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-03-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 07:49 PM by Juslas.)
Timer is what we need - randomness of time outs has been an issue.
100 hour timer would be nice. Measure time in hours, please.
Also 2v2 is another story I am afraid that doubles gets neglected again.
Matches can take 200 turns, teammate takes vacation without inexpensive internet connection. Active players are competitive, time out loss bugs plenty!

If there were a hold option, request to extend ongoing time limit that would be great.
Also we need a tie option, those Scallywags sit downs can be problem.

And FTA 2v2 needs a fix, too.
01-03-2014, 07:58 PM
(01-03-2014 07:48 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Timer is what we need - randomness of time outs has been an issue.
100 hour timer would be nice. Measure time in hours, please.
Also 2v2 is another story I am afraid that doubles gets neglected again.
Matches can take 200 turns, teammate takes vacation without inexpensive internet connection. Active players are competitive, time out loss bugs plenty!

If there were a hold option, request to extend ongoing time limit that would be great.
Also we need a tie option, those Scallywags sit downs can be problem.

And FTA 2v2 needs a fix, too.
Three days seems good; a nice number and two days is too short while four seems too long
Also I agree that there should be a hold for when on holiday. It's not fair to push people and say, 'Well you havn't got Internet there so all your games are going to time out!' Maybe, OML could do like a game mode where, for example, the timeout is 7 or even 14 days, but still affects the league points. Casual mode or something because then that would be so much easier for people on holidays or casual players. People who play regularly can just play with the normal timeout on. Would also help so much with 2v2 random -.-

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Will it be applied to friendly games? We still need it for tournament 'meeting games'.

iPro Clan