Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balance of Outwitters
12-16-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: The Balance of Outwitters
I feel the team balance is thus:

Adorables: the best
Scallywags: a close second to A, especially with a favorable map
Feedback: wildcard. They can be good but require a lot of risk taking to pay off
Veggies: No one knows how to play them (still). Tied with F at the bottom.

Veggies don't really need a buff, people just need to learn to play them. They're designed to play for the long haul: defend, strangle your opponents' resources, then when they're choking you move in for the kill.

That being said, I can think of exactly one buff for them: Friendly units can stand on spaces with Thorns on them (this prevents the thorn from growing new thorns or attacking or being attacked). The biggest downside to veggies is the thorns restrict your own mobility as well, but this would negate that.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013 01:41 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
If an enemy attacks that space, would it hurt the unit or thorn patch? Or would it attack both at once?

Or the thorn first before the soldier, that makes more sense

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-16-2013, 08:07 PM
(12-16-2013 01:40 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  If an enemy attacks that space, would it hurt the unit or thorn patch? Or would it attack both at once?

Sorry, I didn't make that clear; the unit standing on the thorn would be hurt before the thorn. It'd be kind of like standing on a spawn space. The thorn can't do anything and nothing can be done to it

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
12-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Oh, i was thinking of the thorn patches like an extra defense, you have to get it out of the way first before you can attack the soldier. But now that i think about it, thats probably OP because it'll be like buffing a unit by 3

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-17-2013, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 10:07 AM by Chemoeum.)
Yeah, but the thing is that the patches don't move with the unit, and it is pretty easy to get rid of a thorn. You can still kill its children the way we do it now. You can't heal every single thorn. The Scrambler may have the ability to scramble the thorn and a unit at the same time. The Bombshell can now hit more than six units at one time. Think of the extra possible ways that the other teams can actually get from that.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-17-2013, 10:45 AM
(12-17-2013 10:06 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Yeah, but the thing is that the patches don't move with the unit, and it is pretty easy to get rid of a thorn. You can still kill its children the way we do it now. You can't heal every single thorn. The Scrambler may have the ability to scramble the thorn and a unit at the same time. The Bombshell can now hit more than six units at one time. Think of the extra possible ways that the other teams can actually get from that.

you're missing the beauty of units standing on thorns. if you have a parent thorn that absolutely must not die, put a heavy on top of it. opponent only have one soldier that can kill your thorn? stick a runner on it and they have to double tap to kill it. Make them use two units to take back their wit space because you have a Soldier and a thorn on it. There are a lot of possibilities for it.

but the fact still remains that most people don't know how to play Veggienauts even as they exist currently. They're not bad, just underused.

12-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I thought we were implying that the thorns, not the units, were the "shields."

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-17-2013, 04:50 PM
(12-16-2013 08:07 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(12-16-2013 01:40 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  If an enemy attacks that space, would it hurt the unit or thorn patch? Or would it attack both at once?

Sorry, I didn't make that clear; the unit standing on the thorn would be hurt before the thorn. It'd be kind of like standing on a spawn space. The thorn can't do anything and nothing can be done to it

The GoldenGriffin and I already went over that haha

12-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I would think that the whole idea of a business is to make money. If your business relies on customers you need as many of them as you can get to make more money or "break even". You can't make money if your customers aren't happy with the product. ANY PART of the product. As far as I can tell the veggies were a bad idea from the start. Why is that THE CUSTOMER'S fault. They built Outwitters, we came, we fought, we (well...not me exactly) we conquered. Most of all we SUPPORTED them while they went on their TTL escapade. Two iterations and from what "little" they have said it is a grand success. If they only want 4 team packs, so be it. We want at least 4 that work. Scrap veggies, or fix it and move on.

If no one plays their products they won't ever break even. I PAID for veggies. I paid for TTL1 and TTL2. Now I see that TTL2 can be had for free.. I don't understand this business paradigm. Reward people who have never played your games, but ignore those that have been your support for years.....

They will never break even if their is no one playing.

didgeralien
[Image: sig.png]
...winter is coming...
12-20-2013, 02:30 PM
It's not the customers' fault, we are just trying to help make a great game better

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]