Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Petshop Tournament - ALMOST CHAMPIONSHIP
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: The Petshop Tournament - SEMIFINAL (or ROUND TWO, or even FINAL)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgIeFpwgM

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 06:09 AM
(11-08-2013 02:00 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgIeFpwgM

So Griffin, you just won twice. If you win one more, the tourney is over! And Chaser, either way, you won't win, so I'll give you a rep for making it into the semifinals, or even finals.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Hey Someone, was curious what the three-person tie-breaking round will look like?

I don't want to jinx anything, but as it stands right now it looks like there might be three people that win two 2v2 games each.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-19-2013, 05:57 AM
(11-19-2013 03:13 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Hey Someone, was curious what the three-person tie-breaking round will look like?

I don't want to jinx anything, but as it stands right now it looks like there might be three people that win two 2v2 games each.

Yeah, it's very hard to implement 2v2 into this, so when three people get into the final, it's pretty much a continuous 1v1 wave until one person has won two of two 1v1 matches against the other finalists, but in non-Adorables landscapes.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-19-2013, 06:52 AM
(11-19-2013 05:57 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 03:13 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Hey Someone, was curious what the three-person tie-breaking round will look like?

Yeah, it's very hard to implement 2v2 into this, so when three people get into the final, it's pretty much a continuous 1v1 wave until one person has won two of two 1v1 matches against the other finalists, but in non-Adorables landscapes.

Now, I was thinking about this a while back (how to make a valid 2v2 random tourney), and one could think of this as two 1v1 "matchups":

TheGoldenGriffin vs Chas3r 926
iNoSky vs .Memories.

You could cross-team them into two 2v2 matches:

TheGoldenGriffin/iNoSky vs Chas3r 926/.Memories.
iNoSky/Chas3r 926 vs .Memories./TheGoldenGriffin

With these results, TheGoldenGriffin beat Chas3r 926, and iNoSky and .Memories. are currently tied. They can play a decisive third game, and the winner faces TheGoldenGriffin. The third 2v2 match would have to be discarded however.

11-19-2013, 07:02 AM
(11-19-2013 06:52 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 05:57 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  

Now, I was thinking about this a while back (how to make a valid 2v2 random tourney), and one could think of this as two 1v1 "matchups":

TheGoldenGriffin vs Chas3r 926
iNoSky vs .Memories.

You could cross-team them into two 2v2 matches:

TheGoldenGriffin/iNoSky vs Chas3r 926/.Memories.
iNoSky/Chas3r 926 vs .Memories./TheGoldenGriffin

With these results, TheGoldenGriffin beat Chas3r 926, and iNoSky and .Memories. are currently tied. They can play a decisive third game, and the winner faces TheGoldenGriffin. The third 2v2 match would have to be discarded however.

Maybe, but if Griffin does not win the last 2v2, I'll take that under consideration.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Interesting game:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMfNoQsM

I played terribly, but iNoSky really did well!

11-20-2013, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:02 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: The Petshop Tournament - ALMOST CHAMPIONSHIP
Update

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-20-2013, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:16 AM by .Memories..)
I'm confused as to why Golden is already in the finals? We all won two 2v2s.. no one did better than anyone else (besides Chaser.. Sorry buddy).

I guess I just don't understand what Gfish was talking about.

11-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Oh my mistake, I had mind-flipped there.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!