Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
08-04-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
I was watching one of Harti's Foundry rush defense replays--even that guy takes 4 Base Damage on defense, but he crushed the aggressor quite handily afterwards. It does seem to be something that has to be studied.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 01:22 PM
(08-03-2012 07:01 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  So here's a Foundry rush I'd never seen before. Basically throws his Soldier forward instead of taking the wit space. I'm ashamed to admit I was caught with my trousers down; I didn't even have a response to it, and lost on Turn 5. My jaw is still agape! Is there a good player 2 opening for Foundry that scouts and prepares for the common Foundry rushes?

Owned in a wicked flash...

That opener is really really tough to defend against. I had a match recently where I spotted it as fast as possible and thought hard on doing a good response, but while I fended off the initial onslaught I still lost in the long run. I think I could've done a few things different to have had a better chance at a win, but the key that helped was to forgo taking my own distant wit space with my soldier, giving me more wits to spend on mounting a defense to the rush.

The alternate opening soldier deployment we're due in the next patch will be most welcome, though.
08-04-2012, 06:18 PM
(08-04-2012 01:22 PM)wonderpug Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 07:01 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  So here's a Foundry rush I'd never seen before. Basically throws his Soldier forward instead of taking the wit space. I'm ashamed to admit I was caught with my trousers down; I didn't even have a response to it, and lost on Turn 5. My jaw is still agape! Is there a good player 2 opening for Foundry that scouts and prepares for the common Foundry rushes?

That opener is really really tough to defend against. I had a match recently where I spotted it as fast as possible and thought hard on doing a good response, but while I fended off the initial onslaught I still lost in the long run. I think I could've done a few things different to have had a better chance at a win, but the key that helped was to forgo taking my own distant wit space with my soldier, giving me more wits to spend on mounting a defense to the rush.

The alternate opening soldier deployment we're due in the next patch will be most welcome, though.
Yeah, that really seems to be a flawed map design. Glad to hear it will be patched
08-04-2012, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 06:48 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)

In a situation like this, it can be useful to move two runners in the way so the soldier cant hit your base next turn.
Had you done that, next turn you couldve pulled a runner out to take out theirs, then used the heavy to take out the soldier.

As a plus, you can then route the runner and/or heavy to their uncaptured wit space.
09-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Revive!

Turtle vs Turtle

This match was basically turtling all the way until I got bored and just attacked him, with less than ideal results. It was basically just downhill from there.

Was there any way to break his turtle at all? Bombshells everywhere. Everywhere!

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
09-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey, any advice for me?
Game link
09-28-2012, 12:41 AM
J00han I'm not on of the ST who answor your question but I can tell you it's was parfect, you rule the wole game
09-28-2012, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 12:55 AM by garcia1000.)
(09-26-2012 12:25 AM)SC-FTW Wrote:  Revive!

Turtle vs Turtle

This match was basically turtling all the way until I got bored and just attacked him, with less than ideal results. It was basically just downhill from there.

Was there any way to break his turtle at all? Bombshells everywhere. Everywhere!

I don't mean to be harsh, but I watched the first 10 turns. What was your plan? Instead of a plan, I saw things like moving a soldier one space, hopping a heavy out for no reason, making a bombshell and not boosting it, then sieging it in a bad location, etc. This wasn't a turtlefest but more like watching two kittens headbutt each other lol.

You could easily have broken through his defenses at any time by building up a significant force, saving wits, and pushing.
(09-27-2012 11:51 PM)J00han Wrote:  Hey, any advice for me?
Game link

My advice would be to let others post sincere requests for analysis, instead of wasting people's time with replays like this.
09-28-2012, 03:31 AM

Turtle vs Turtle

When facing an opponent that clearly has no intention of attacking, you must attack. You needed A couple of runners out front to provide you some vision and allow you to coordinate an attack. From what I can tell, you were essentially playin blindly the entire game. Early on, when you did attack, they were just suicide runs. Don't get in your opponents face unless you plan to kill or cripple him. And when you do, make sure you have the support behind you to follow up after his counter. Man that was an annoying game. I lost the war of attrition just watching it.
09-28-2012, 03:38 AM
(09-28-2012 12:53 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  

[quote='J00han' pid='7761' dateline='1348753866']
Hey, any advice for me?
Game link

My advice would be to let others post sincere requests for analysis, instead of wasting people's time with replays like this.

Whoops wrong link, cant get it back if it aint in the list, can I?