Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-31-2012, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 10:54 PM by aaronINdayton.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-31-2012 03:33 PM)Hunter Wrote:  What should I have done?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygt7oAQw

You moved all your units into kill range, by themselves, as player 2. Typically as player two you need to play defensively, and on this this big of a map you have to group your units together before they get too far away from your spawn spaces.

Also, you need to kill units that are "in your back door" asap, the runner he had on the back hex near your bonus wit space should have been attacked by your own runner immediately.

Next time before you move a unit think to yourself "if he gets to spawn anything he wants from the nearest spawn space, can he kill this unit?" if the answer is 'yes' then reconsider moving that unit.
(10-31-2012 03:41 PM)daHsu Wrote:  Heres a game of me winning shark food island going second; I think it's the only game where I somewhat recovered against a bombshell.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh5jaAQw
Not sure if I should have attacked first like I did... any suggestions to make victory cleaner?

Turn 14 you could have moved your solider touching his base to the far left hex still touching his base, moved your other solider to the far right hex touching the base, hit his base for 4 and moved your remaining solider and medic as close to the fight as possible, medic close to his soldier as a distraction.

When you're all up in his business it's pretty safe to assume he's only got 6 wits to use next turn, and that wouldn't be enough to stop you from winning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
(10-30-2012 05:27 AM)KMan 29 Wrote:  Mindless Runner scam FTW?

Looks like you just used wits less efficiently than your opponent. When you're facing a large force gathering in neutral territory it's best not to send units in for a 1for1 trade. Instead save wits and let them come to you so you can fight closer to your spawn points.

Turn 4
You see he's put all his resources into runner spamming the top, spawn a solider, move it up, spawn a runner from your lower and move it up to help next turn, save to 2 wits for next turn.

Turn 6
You notice he's looking at attacking your lower wit space also, again don't attack with a single unit in this case. Kill the runner with your 2hp solider, spawn a runner up north, kill his runner on your space, move your solider onto your space, spawn a runner at your south spawn and move it to the hex north-east of your spawn with runner, just out of vision of his runner. This lets you effectively counter attack if he moves in with solider and runner, killing both his units and taking back your wit bonus (assuming you have the wits).

You're still in the game on turn 8, but unit placement descriptions are getting harder so I'll just end my comments here!
11-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Shark Food Island!!! D:

I thought I had a decent defense , but I was one wit short on turn 10 and it really screwed me over..
Any advice??

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-01-2012, 05:14 AM
(11-01-2012 04:50 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Shark Food Island!!! D:

I thought I had a decent defense , but I was one wit short on turn 10 and it really screwed me over..
Any advice??

Don't spawn a sniper, you spent 10 wits to deal 3 damage to a 4 hp soldier (spawn, boost, move medic, move x3, shoot). You might want to also bring that starting solider up to where the action is going to eventually be, so he's ready to contribute immediately. Other than that I didn't notice any mistakes.
11-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Thank You!

11-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Another match...
Long Nine
Same guy who destroyed me before. [FTA queue stack]
I don't mind losing, but I don't like having zero chance of winning...

Help Sad

11-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Some questions for you

Turn 6: Can you explain the purpose of moving your lower soldier?
Turn 8: Why did you move your runner?
Turn 12: Can you explain why you attacked the heavy with your soldier? Why did you move your soldier away from the lower wit point? What was the reason behind moving your spawned runner to that square?
11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Turn 6: I think I wanted to get him closer to the place where he was attacking. [which once I said that realize how stupid that sounds]

Turn 8: I mistakenly thought he moved his scout off his upper wit space
Turn 12: I thought I had enough wits to hit the heavy and take out the scout with my scout. Once I realized my mistake it was too late. So, I just threw him down randomly because I believed that I couldn't block the northern and southern pincher attack

11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh ok!
Well here is what I think. For turn 6 and turn 8, it might seem like minor mistakes. But as you can see on turn 9, they are absolutely huge mistakes. You not only lose a unit, but you also lose a tempo. For the soldier, you need to spend more wits later bringing another soldier to occupy the wit point. Same for the runner.

Especially as P2, you can't afford to waste any wits. I guess it doesn't matter too much what you ddi on turn 12, you would have lost anyway.
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 12:36 PM by GoHeat 3.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpOHYAQw
Just beat a Master! Pushing for promotion. Let me know what I can do better! Thanks

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]