Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-30-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-30-2012 06:36 AM)Gfich Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 05:27 AM)KMan 29 Wrote:  Just clawed my way back in to the Master League and would like to stay there this time.  I am posting replays of my losses, since the promotion, to see if there is any advice I can gather to help my cause. 

Mindless Runner scam FTW?

This saddens me. He literaly spawned nothing BUT runners. Yet this seems to outwit a somewhat more intelligent strategy. Undecided

Couple of quick thoughts, may not be right feel free to challenge:

- move the predeployed soldier to defend top wit point when you saw all those runners up there, you already moved him to your sniper so he was close enough, and better use of wits vs spawning and boosting one to move up a few turns later. Your sniper was boosted and was prob a good calculated risk that he wouldn't have 2 runners to take em, and snipers ain't great against runner spam anyways
- prob don't need to bother to boost soldiers when you see runner spam
- when you moved the heavy and soldier on the bottom towards his base, if you were a little more aggressive you may have been able to put on some good pressure or at least slow his attack so you could setup a defense
- towards the end, move your soldier from your top wit into the action rather than going for his wit space, with your base at 1 or 2 it wasn't worth the time to move towards it

It was a well played runner spam, and prob a lot harder playing it than critiquing it watching without fog of war Tongue

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 12:51 PM by TheQwertiest.)
Last Post: RandyDogz
Bump*
re-bump*
forum bug.......
somebody else post here.. oh wait. you cant see this. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
It was on long nine and I'm guessing I should have just let him take my wit space on the top for a turn or two and work on my defense. That match made me crazy.

[Image: sig.png]
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5tziAQw
Got beaten here... He seriously outclassed me
10-31-2012, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 12:49 AM by KMan 29.)
Thanks randy that is definitely some sound advice about not boosting the soldiers to take on runners and totally right about forcing him to spend wits elsewhere. I am actually playing the same guy again, still spamming runners but this time I have been using boosted runners to counter while positioning my defense.

[Image: sig.png]
10-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Replay 1

Replay 2

Would love some advice on how i could've taken the bombshell out
My guess is it would have been better not to make the scrambler at all
A sniper is effectively an impossible choice as im not playing adorables
Why did i attack too soon? The splash damage on the base would have finished me so it was a desperate measure
And in the other game two bombshells i just died inside when i saw it
Maybe i should have pulled my soldiers backwards from the splash damage but then he would have gotten closer to my base
Any cool ideas?
10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
You have to make an early scrambler on that map. But it's really tough to win as 2P on sharkfood against a competent scallywags. He was being very aggressive with his bombshell use too.

If you know he is being aggressive with bombshell, you can save up 9-10 wits for a turn, and then use brainwash + soldier to take out his bombshell. You will lose your scrambler but I believe it's an okay trade in some instances.
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
As always garcia to the rescue Tongue that might have worked out
Thanks!
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
What should I have done?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygt7oAQw
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Heres a game of me winning shark food island going second; I think it's the only game where I somewhat recovered against a bombshell.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh5jaAQw
Not sure if I should have attacked first like I did... any suggestions to make victory cleaner?

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?