Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
More Bombshell Trouble
02-01-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: More Bombshell Trouble
I do think I can beat that kind of play style as Adorables. Happen to be grounded, so I cannot really test it as of now...

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
He's a troll!

Scolding him in chat would be feeding the troll. I hope the bombshell gets nerfed to 3Hp healed.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
02-01-2013, 01:57 AM
If he's a BS spam I think the best way is to bring a buffed runner and buffed soldier and kill it. (He probably doesn't buffed the BS if he spams that often.) Anyway, what I said is theoretical and in fact it takes over 10-20 turns to take down 1 bombshell and when my opp spawns many BSs what I do is to spawn more BSs too (as Scallywags).

Bombshell looks too buff but I think it is nerf compared to Mobi, especially in 1-spawn map.
02-01-2013, 02:07 AM
(02-01-2013 12:28 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I do think I can beat that kind of play style as Adorables. Happen to be grounded, so I cannot really test it as of now...

Adorables can probably compete with Scallywags, but what about the other teams?

Will post replays soon (actually not soon, since he's stalling Wink )... It's very hard to kill them early, as you will see.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
02-01-2013, 03:04 AM
I'd love to see some replays. It sounds like he makes BSs and waits, and people run into his BS wall and wonder why they lose?

Seems like boosted soldier spam would win in this scenario, but I have to see some replays, I really don't understand.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-01-2013, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 04:03 AM by John3:16.)
I play Scallywags, so perhaps I'm biased, but I think a 3 HP buffed BS nerf would be too much. Adorables are already the chosen team for all the high ranked players and a 3 HP buffed BS would mean a mobi can easily take it out, feedback would easily take it out...actually just about everybody could easily take them out.

The point is it's supposed to be tough, but can't move. 3HP buffed in actuality is not that tough and can usually be taken down pretty easily. It would also mean deploying a BS would pretty much necessarily mean buffing them.

Not sure if this is a great example, but you can generally overcome entrenched bombshells with some planning and soldiers (and saved wits).

http://www.osn.codepenguin.com/replays/v...20YgsjAAgw

Even though my soldiers had some bombshell assist to soften the outside guards, the soldier push was able to overcome two entrenched bombshells.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Uncovering a bombshell generally takes more wits than it takes to set one up (perhaps 3 buffed soldiers if the opponent is smart, and you end up losing all of them), so the only way to win is to use unit/base hp advantage.

Ironically, I won on the 2 scallywag maps against reverse DP Wink
Long Nine
SFI

Both of them were essentially won because he didn't have enough mobile units to guard his base, and good scrambler positioning. I'm losing on the other games, but I ain't giving up yet!

02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I like how on SFI you refused to finish off his base using his own BS and insisted on double runners instead. Smile

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
(02-01-2013 10:20 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Uncovering a bombshell generally takes more wits than it takes to set one up (perhaps 3 buffed soldiers if the opponent is smart, and you end up losing all of them), so the only way to win is to use unit/base hp advantage.

Long Nine
SFI

Both of them were essentially won because he didn't have enough mobile units to guard his base, and good scrambler positioning. I'm losing on the other games, but I ain't giving up yet!

I saw the long nine match, you played fantastically and won on turn 24, which is quite fast. Props to you! Smile his defense looked really scary, if it was me I might have just given up by turn 18

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
(02-01-2013 11:19 AM)2dhh Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 10:20 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Uncovering a bombshell generally takes more wits than it takes to set one up (perhaps 3 buffed soldiers if the opponent is smart, and you end up losing all of them), so the only way to win is to use unit/base hp advantage.

Long Nine
SFI

I saw the long nine match, you played fantastically and won on turn 24, which is quite fast. Props to you! Smile his defense looked really scary, if it was me I might have just given up by turn 18

Ha I used to give up a lot too, but you know what? It's always worth it to take one last attack. And after watching lots of ST replays, I found that it's always possible to recover from lots of really bad situations.