Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
02-03-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - QUALIFIERS
Am I correct in that if someone loses in the winner's bracket they are out of the tourney? Wouldn't that mean if you wanted to get 3rd you would be best off in the loser bracket, since the competitors aren't nearly as good? for example, I would rather be placed in the consolation bracket, since I don't think I have any chance of lasting in the winner's bracket against a bunch of super titans, and at least in the loser's bracket I would have a shot at third. Maybe a double elimination format would be better, so there is no reason to want to be in the bottom bracket?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 03:15 AM
I think that most players would be knocked out by the supertitans that won the qualifiers but didn't quite make it to the finals, remember only 1 player can win the consolation and a good portion will have just missed out on getting into the final.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-03-2013, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 03:30 AM by CombatEX.)
simpleton, you really should read the main post.

1. Email awpertunity (look at first post for specifics)
2. Post the replays here ALL AT ONCE (in a single post). So only after you've finished all your games instead of one at a time.
Wow. The bug is so bad now that with default posts per page the bumps to get the previous page to show take up more than a page! Time to go change my display settings -_-

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-03-2013, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 04:35 AM by Gf!sh.)
@Alex/adam Can you implement a way to instantly delete all posts within a certain boundary (say #2-200)? I think the simple solution to the long-threaderitis would be to remove all signup posts, since the tourney is already going, but it just takes SO long to manually check that many posts.
Ok, you should see ~38 pages less by now...
O, come on! The system just unchecked everything!

This is gonna take a while...

02-03-2013, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 05:28 AM by awpertunity.)
(02-03-2013 02:57 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  Am I correct in that if someone loses in the winner's bracket they are out of the tourney? Wouldn't that mean if you wanted to get 3rd you would be best off in the loser bracket, since the competitors aren't nearly as good? for example, I would rather be placed in the consolation bracket, since I don't think I have any chance of lasting in the winner's bracket against a bunch of super titans, and at least in the loser's bracket I would have a shot at third. Maybe a double elimination format would be better, so there is no reason to want to be in the bottom bracket?

Haha, if you think so. In the end you would still have to beat both the 3rd and 4th place finishers of the winners bracket to finish 3rd.
(02-03-2013 12:07 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hi Awpertunity my opponent JosephJohn123 has not started his game with me as P1 on Reaper in Group 17, I thought that that would forfeit his right to play as P1 but I read through the rules and I haven't seen you mention anything. I have started a game against him and if it reaches the 2 day time limit I will assume that he has forfeited his game. Is that correct?

He doesn't forfeit yet. As long as the game can be finished by Feb 21st that is preferred. But basically it's like he hasn't made a move for 2 days if he doesn't invite you by tomorrow, and thus if the game isn't completed by the 21st you'll get the win.
02-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Why is this suddenly un-stickied?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-03-2013, 05:34 AM
(02-03-2013 05:32 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Why is this suddenly un-stickied?

I wondered that too. I sent Gfich a message asking why...
02-03-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 08:42 AM by GreatGonzales.)
All matches finished.

My match with dtimm18 deserves to be highlighted. He gave me a run for my money!

GGs all.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
(02-03-2013 12:09 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hi Awpertunity my opponent JosephJohn123 has not started his game with me as P1 on Reaper in Group 17, I thought that that would forfeit his right to play as P1 but I read through the rules and I haven't seen you mention anything. I have started a game against him and if it reaches the 2 day time limit I will assume that he has forfeited his game. Is that correct?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

He also hasn't started the game with me. I tried to start one with him, but he has reached his limit. I also PMed him, but no response so far...
02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Awpertunity on the qualifiers sheet, you put the ones that I won on as losses

1v1: Gifted League
2v2 #140 with liner15
May the ninja frog be with you....