Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
04-14-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
I'm new to Outwitters, so excuse my ignorance: can one download these maps, or are they just for creating purposes only?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
(04-14-2013 09:27 AM)Kipsie Wrote:  I'm new to Outwitters, so excuse my ignorance: can one download these maps, or are they just for creating purposes only?

They are for creative purposes, and can't be used in game.
04-21-2013, 12:58 AM

[Image: 630.png]

The Adorables have stumbled upon a great big cupcake! The Mobis help take them to the top of the cupcake to they can eat to their heart's content. Some are breaking cake pieces off so the ones below can eat the crumbs. Others are eating through the cup to get to the the sweet fluffy interior. Everyone wants to have a piece before it's all gone!

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-22-2013, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 12:54 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
[Image: 630.png]

Here is the cupcake before it was destroyed. Which do you guys like better?
Apparently, the pictures can only show one or the other so you have to go here to see.

04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Actually, ill make them two separate maps

04-24-2013, 03:18 AM
What is the purpose of the Map Creator? Will the developers showcase some for future maps?

"The only Christian work is good work, well done." Dorothy Sayers
04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Its for us to create maps so others can see. Or fork OML maps and try to improve it if you think theres a problem with that map and you want to see what others think of your fix. Or you can make maps for fun.

04-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah its main purpose is pretty much obsolete now with the official discontinuation of Outwitters. However, it might have acted as an incentive for OML to create the Gen 2 Map Pack (albeit no map found on OMC was used).

I was even considering shutting it down because especially the images eat a fair lot of space, and it's going to be a real burden to get it to work after I moved servers.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I would think they would not discontinue such an awesome game, especially when OML invested $300,000 in it...

"The only Christian work is good work, well done." Dorothy Sayers
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM
They are not discontinuing it exactly, just stopping with the creation of new content. They are still supporting the Outwitters community with the forums, seasons, bug fixes, etc., but at this point it is highly unlikely that we will see any additional content (i.e. new teams, new maps, new game modes). For what it's worth, this is okay by me, because I think there is already enough content in the game as is, which isn't going away.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user