Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
01-24-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
Thanks! The idea just came to me yesterday. One small concern I have with it is that snipers in the spawn areas can shoot units in certain parts of the central area. This was intentional, but it means that theoretically both players can lose all units in the central area and a dead game will arise. I wanted to see if others thought this would be a major failure of the map or if it would be acceptable.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
So, imo it's almost impossible to lose all units in the central area while there are spawn spaces. And I think it's good that snipers can shoot area near the base, bcoz Mobi can be really deadly (2 Mobis teleport 2 snipers/heavy to the enemies' base and the game is over) and this 'll nerf it. It's good as it is.
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2013, 08:08 AM
On the ipod, the menu bar tries to make its buttons visible at all times so when i zoom in and the buttons can't all fit on one row, it uses another. The result is the menu taking up half the screen. When i type the title or name or password, the ipod automatically zooms in so i could see what in typing but i can't because the menu bar is in the way.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-24-2013, 08:15 AM
(01-24-2013 08:08 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  On the ipod, the menu bar tries to make its buttons visible at all times so when i zoom in and the buttons can't all fit on one row, it uses another. The result is the menu taking up half the screen. When i type the title or name or password, the ipod automatically zooms in so i could see what in typing but i can't because the menu bar is in the way.

Yeah that's weird, I wonder where that came from suddenly. I'll be addressing this bug sometime soon but I'm about to run into some exams the next few weeks so it may take a while... Sad

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-25-2013, 02:20 AM
I am a bit bored by making standard maps all time, so I forced to make something crazy - I made an asymmetric map. Cool I tried to make both players' locations equeal, so regular battles would be possible on it. Anyway it's a bit hard, so I would be grateful for any comment, especially from Super-Titan & Master League.

[Image: 322.png]
01-25-2013, 03:07 AM
Wink RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
Hi - I'm new both to the forum and to this mapmaking, so I'd really appreciate some feedback on the maps I've made so far. Can you tell me what you like and dislike?
http://omc.harti.us/320/ - Eidolon
http://omc.harti.us/321/ - Evocation
http://omc.harti.us/323/ - The Centre Cannot Hold

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
01-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Not sure if it was intentional or not, but Eidolon is not quite symmetrical. The blue base should be moved south by a hex and then the surrounding tiles should be adjusted to match the red area.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2013, 06:36 AM
No, that wasn't at all intentional D: thanks, I shall edit it!

Zakalwe42
01-25-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 11:05 PM by Coolio.)
I Just looked at this again Harti and its amazing! The 3d is awesome and it's amazing how much progress you've made since the first one. Wonderful job.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Thank you Smile I was trying to design them to funnel units into certain areas, especially on Evocation.

Zakalwe42