Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
11-07-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 09:34 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (GRAND FINALS)
Wow, congrats Pharmafan/Holysab!

Gavin posted this on the new forum, so I'll share it here on his behalf:

Quote:Congrats Holysab/pharmafan. The second set won't be necessary.

Powercrazy and I haven't been active in Outwitters for nearly a year, and it's apparent that you guys haven't missed a beat during that time. We just aren't really interested in the game anymore and don't have the time to spend on giving you guys much competition now. Congrats again on the wins, ggs.

GG- thanks for hosting this tournament. It was fun and it generated a lot of great matches. Cheers, all.

Thanks everyone for participating in the longest Outwitters tournament ever! Whew. Tongue

Pharmafan and Holysab are true champions. I look forward to watching these replays!

It's official: pharmafan cannot be stopped.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 10:29 AM by Pharmafan.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
Then here comes the last replay of the tourney:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAob-otgoM

Good Game again! Thanks for the battles in the finals Gavin & Power and thanks for your congrats! Super-Titan

I like to add a short comment regarding our matches with Akkete and Juslas:

You guys gave us the toughest match ups and the closest battles we ever had! Was a pleasure and a huge challenge to play you twice!

Finally:

@GG: Thanks for hosting this fantastic tourney and for keeping it alive for nearly two years now - thats a lot of work!!! Special Props to you! Thanks for your congrats!
11-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Congratulations to winners and thx to organizer.

This was a long one with great attendance list. I like to point out that top 3 teams of this tournament had 5 (best of 3 matches) wins against teams that had FTA (before FTA fix). Also HolySab and pharmafan likely had additional win or two against FTA in losers bracket, before fix. All winners bracket matches were started before FTA fix was implemented.
Lifting my own tail here, too - but winning against FTA use to be hard. 2v2 is now much better balanced.

Winners journey in this tournament was amazing, congratulations HolySab and pharmafan!
11-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Congratulation to Pharmafan and HolySab!

Thanks GreatGonzales for hosting this wonderful tournament!

NO scallways in 2nd & 3rd matches, especailly all adorables in the 3rd match? I thought Scallways + Adorable was definitely the perfect combination. I'm totally wrong....Sad
11-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Thanks a lot for all of the congrats!

Regarding the scallies.....yeah.....we also nearly always used to play S+A in2vs2...but we discovered for us throughout the tourney that on some maps (Sugar Rock is a good example!) the power of a fast switch of the attack path is stronger than the BS. For sure it depends on play style.....our last games where all shorter and faster than the former ones. We had quick attacks and played sometimes just with counterattacks instead of a defense. Of course on the long run and with a longer game with stallments the BS is the king and will win the game......so.....let's say.....it depends Wink
11-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Pharma, any preference on which of the three replays gets highlighted by OML in news update?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
11-08-2014, 02:28 AM
(11-08-2014 01:31 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Pharma, any preference on which of the three replays gets highlighted by OML in news update?

I like the game on Acrospire! Thanks, GG!
11-08-2014, 04:12 AM
(11-07-2014 08:10 PM)50 is cuten 20 here Wrote:  Congratulation to Pharmafan and HolySab!

Thanks GreatGonzales for hosting this wonderful tournament!

NO scallways in 2nd & 3rd matches, especailly all adorables in the 3rd match? I thought Scallways + Adorable was definitely the perfect combination. I'm totally wrong....Sad

When Gavin and I were really active in 2v2, we decided that while Adorables + Scally's have great synergy, we kind of thought it was too "turtley" for our play style. You can see that in our games throughout the tournament. Only a few games would we go A+S, usually it was Veggies, (our preferred team) but we also like the idea of A+F. Unfortunately we could never get A+F to work out well. I think it's because Feedbacks Super is so game changing that it has to be balanced to be weaker then the other supers, making it very difficult to use effectively. However Bramble and Mobi are both very flexible which is ultimately a better combination, with a few map exceptions like Sugar Rock and CCM where double Adorables or A+S will serve you better.

I'd suggest you try to branch out into A+V and learn how to effectively use Thorns. A sniper surrounded by independent thorns is more dangerous then an exposed Bombshell, and cheaper then a BS entrenched with soldiers, it's also more maneuverable.

Finally I'd like to echo Pharmafans praise for Juslas and Akkette, they were definitely an interesting opponent to play, with great game sense and our most difficult opponent.