One Man Left Studios Community Forums
iPro Clan - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: iPro Clan (/showthread.php?tid=939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: iPro Clan - TheQwertiest - 11-29-2012 02:23 AM

ouch.. it seems im being underestimated. you dont think im good enough for terenceshui? Smile

RE: iPro Clan - aaronINdayton - 11-29-2012 02:42 AM

I think Qwerti just wants to play against terence Wink

RE: iPro Clan - Jacs9 - 11-29-2012 02:48 AM

Maybe we stick to the neutral empire. both clans will field players in secret to the various games. The neutral empire will reveal to us our opponents once we have submitted our players
But in any case I let u clan leader make the final decision with the agreement with iPro. Smile

RE: iPro Clan - Emuchu - 11-29-2012 03:44 AM

I'm away from my computer, so I'll make the rest of the edits and submit it to Adam in a few hours.

RE: iPro Clan - alexjiang1 - 11-29-2012 04:10 AM

(11-29-2012 02:23 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  ouch.. it seems im being underestimated. you dont think im good enough for terenceshui? Smile

No its not that. Its just that we should be pairin ternece against your strongest player.
Theres a old chinese story that goes like this:
There was once an emporer who owned the fastest horses in the land and would accept challenges from anyone, and whoever beat him just once out of 3 tries would take his daughters hand in marriage.
There was another horse owner who owned some of the best horses so he challenged the emporer to a race. The emporer put his horses into 3 groups: fastest, medium, slowest and asked the challenger to do the same so he organized them into fastest medium and slowest. They paired their fastest to fastest and the challenger lost. The same result occured when the medium and the slower horses raced.
The challenger didnt take this loss easily and demanded a rematch, after all he had 2 more tries. This time, he came closer than before but his efforts were still futile and lost again in all 3 groups.
Now this time, a wise man was watching in the stands and admired the challengers effort so he wanted to help.
He found the challenger reflecting and mourning over his lossea and confronted him saying "you will never beat the emporer running your fast horses with his, his will always be better"
The challenger replied "Yes, I know, but what can I do to win?"
The wise man told him "you must pair your SLOWEST horses with his fastest and your FASTEST with his medium and your MEDIUM with his slowest. That way you will win 2 of the 3 matches and win his daughter"
The challenger brooded over this and rechallenged the king for the final time and followed the wise mans instruction. Needless to say, he was smashed in the fast vs. slow rade but won the other two and the proncess.

(God my fingers are tired, im not using this as an extended metaphor because you guys could still beat us with Fastest to Fastest and so on...)

RE: iPro Clan - Emuchu - 11-29-2012 05:19 AM

(11-29-2012 04:10 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  -snip-

I can't believe you typed the entire story out instead of linking us to Wikipedia or something. Also, I can't help but point out that the King's slowest horse could very well have been faster than the challenger's fastest, since he had "the fastest horses in all the land".

RE: iPro Clan - Gf!sh - 11-29-2012 05:22 AM

(11-29-2012 05:19 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  

I can't believe you typed the entire story out instead of linking us to Wikipedia or something. Also, I can't help but point out that the King's slowest horse could very well have been faster than the challenger's fastest, since he had "the fastest horses in all the land".

Captain Obvious alert!

Also, I've made a thread on the tournaments forum to organize clan battles etc. I kinda like the idea of being the neutral empire of some sorts (if that's gonna be my pernament role, i do want a logo Tongue. Emuchu????? :angelSmile. If you want 'hidden' matchmaking the clan leaders can just PM me to assign a clan mate to each map where there will be played on (can someone tell me WHAT maps those gonna be?).

RE: iPro Clan - alexjiang1 - 11-29-2012 06:04 AM

(11-29-2012 05:22 AM)Gfich Wrote:  

Captain Obvious alert!

Also, I've made a thread on the tournaments forum to organize clan battles etc. I kinda like the idea of being the neutral empire of some sorts (if that's gonna be my pernament role, i do want a logo Tongue. Emuchu????? :angelSmile. If you want 'hidden' matchmaking the clan leaders can just PM me to assign a clan mate to each map where there will be played on (can someone tell me WHAT maps those gonna be?).

SFI, Long 9, Sweetie Plains, Glitch, Thorn Gulley, 2v2 map determined by them if they want to play

RE: iPro Clan - Emuchu - 11-29-2012 07:10 AM

(11-29-2012 05:22 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Captain Obvious alert!

Wait, am I Captain Obvious? Do I get a badge!? As for Gfich, I do like the idea of a neutral third party to arrange Clan Wars. We can send him our lists of desired maps / participating players, and have him arrange things behind the scenes, so we don't have to reveal our (percieved) weak players or maps to the rival clan. I can totally whip you up a logo, Judge Gfich. (unless you'd rather be "Commissioner Gfich".)

EDIT: Hey Gfich, do you like Final Fantasy? I was thinking about something to do with Ivalice's Judges, and their Chocobo mounts.
My two recent games with Sifu Terence:

Emuchu (A) vs. terenceshiu2005 (V), Sweetie Plains

Terence seems to be trying Veggienauts for the first time. He goofs up and unroots his Bramble, costing him the game. I'm just a Master, so I jump on my chance to storm his base.

Emuchu (A) vs. terenceshiu2005 (A), Reaper

Mobis are just plain silly. I reveal mine pretty early, which I think caused Terence to make his own and attack early. Around the end, I take a pretty big risk and jump his Wit space with a Runner, when I should have defended with said Runner. I was just lucky Terence didn't have the Wits to take the game that turn.

RE: iPro Clan - TheQwertiest - 11-29-2012 10:02 AM

(11-29-2012 06:04 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(11-29-2012 05:22 AM)Gfich Wrote:  

Captain Obvious alert!

SFI, Long 9, Sweetie Plains, Glitch, Thorn Gulley, 2v2 map determined by them if they want to play

we accept the 5 1v1. no 2v2. so each of us will be submitting our respective members for the maps to Gfich?(for hidden matchmaking) did i get it right?