One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! (/showthread.php?tid=929)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - aaronINdayton - 01-22-2013 12:51 AM

I think the point of OSN is making everything public.

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Harti - 01-22-2013 06:15 AM

(01-22-2013 12:51 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  I think the point of OSN is making everything public.
The point of OSN is to be able to analyze the players' actions in respect to what they have seen and how many wits they had at a given point of time.

In addition, with more data around, it's easy to find some team distribution, FTA/STA and other stats, as well as league distribution and whatnot. I do not see a benefit *for the public* though to analyze *one single* player's team distribution which is why I requested to hide that information to players other than yourself.
Surely you may point out that it'll be obvious anyway from watching the replays but it'd be much more cumbersome to check them all out and people would probably not do that. But checking these compact figures is quickly done and you can with great certainty expect that the player will choose their main team?

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Coolio - 01-23-2013 08:01 AM

I see people saying they looked a player up on OSN and know his league division and points and stuff. How do you get all this info?
Also I'd be willing to help out in this project I don't realy know of there's anything I could do besides collecting information and I don't know what you'd really want me to collect. And how do you submit replays?

Sorry I'm a newbie to OSN.

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - QuantumApocalypse - 01-23-2013 09:21 AM

(01-23-2013 08:01 AM)Coolio Wrote:  I see people saying they looked a player up on OSN and know his league division and points and stuff. How do you get all this info?
Also I'd be willing to help out in this project I don't realy know of there's anything I could do besides collecting information and I don't know what you'd really want me to collect. And how do you submit replays?

Sorry I'm a newbie to OSN.

People can search for players here

Information is collected from replays submitted. To submit, go to the main page and paste your replay link into the box and hit view. This submits the replay and its info to the database.

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Willythewile - 01-23-2013 10:50 PM

Sorry for being slow-witted, but I click players, type my name in, then hit done and nothin happens. Please walk me through how to search myself. Thanks in advance

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Eijolend - 01-23-2013 11:02 PM

I was able to find you without problems.
click
Maybe try hitting enter instead of clicking on the name suggestion or something?

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - Uvafan173 - 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

How do you know the replay link? Like, how do you find the link to submit?

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - QuantumApocalypse - 01-24-2013 04:14 PM

(01-24-2013 10:17 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  How do you know the replay link? Like, how do you find the link to submit?

Scroll down to the bottom of your games list (in app) and tap and hold the game. A small tab should pop up, hit that to copy the replay link to your clipboard.

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - daHsu - 01-25-2013 09:34 AM

Codepenguin, this question might have been answered before, but how does a replay get "submitted" to OSN? I've noticed that some of my replays are up there, but not all of them. Does a replay have to be viewed on OSN to be there?

RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - QuantumApocalypse - 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

(01-25-2013 09:34 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Codepenguin, this question might have been answered before, but how does a replay get "submitted" to OSN? I've noticed that some of my replays are up there, but not all of them. Does a replay have to be viewed on OSN to be there?

Yep. You need to submit the replay to OSN (by viewing it) to add it to the database. If your partner submitted it, it will appear under your name too.