One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Last post wins. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last post wins. (/showthread.php?tid=89)

RE: Last post wins. - spacechef - 02-17-2013 10:59 AM

Tangent, to what temperature should you cook pork, and what is the basis for that temperature? Anyone remember the slogan "pork, the other white meat"?

RE: Last post wins. - EkoFox - 02-17-2013 11:59 AM

I believe the pork standard now is 145-ish. The basis (if I recall correctly) is that if you cook pork to 160, like the other meats, it dries out and becomes not very tasty.

RE: Last post wins. - TheGoldenGriffin - 02-18-2013 07:07 AM

If it dries out, wouldn'y it be pork jerky?

RE: Last post wins. - EkoFox - 02-18-2013 04:56 PM

There's a difference between drying out and becoming jerky. Jerky is slowly dried meat that's been salted to prevent spoilage, you could technically salt strips of meat and leave them in the (hot) sun, and they would turn into jerky. But, if you overcook pork, it's like trying to make jerky really quick, and it dries to fast and hardens.

RE: Last post wins. - spacechef - 02-18-2013 05:38 PM

How about some Spam jerky?

RE: Last post wins. - EkoFox - 02-18-2013 05:46 PM

I don't think spam counts as a meat Tongue. It's more like compacted animal. Though I guess you could dry it out and call it jerky Smile

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 02-18-2013 06:40 PM

Last post wins has gotten boring lately.. for me atleast.
any of you play dota 1 or 2, or any online game?

RE: Last post wins. - EkoFox - 02-18-2013 06:58 PM

I used to play LoL, but not for a while. The only online game I play now is Outwitters

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 02-19-2013 12:34 AM

and its back to spam. @@

RE: Last post wins. - TheGoldenGriffin - 02-19-2013 12:42 AM

(02-17-2013 06:02 AM)spacechef Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, I like Spam, but not botulism. It's commonly found in dented cans, or food that has been improperly jarred or canned at home. And it's far from harmless. It's why you don't feed infants honey or corn syrup, it's found in those and can be particularly deadly to those with lesser immune systems.

They put sodium nitrate in Spam so bacteria, including the one that causes botulism, don't grow in it and make you sick when you eat it.